Potential Grad Transfers and regular transfers

True faux. I think 2020 is when we break through completely. We have started with Mark.

Progs still thinks.Ledee.was the centernof the future. Lol

We have broken through. Thisnis what happens when you recruits against elite programs, sometimes they choose the other teams.
Still stand by that there are better fits for us still out there than Smith would have been.

AAC basketball is no slouch , granted we don’t have a Kansas but we have quality programs Cincinnati, Wichita, UConn, Memphis, Temple even USF, UCF & SMU field competitive teams pretty regularly

You can now add Memphis.

Yeah I meant to put them in at the beginning.

I think the conference is still very top heavy. The reason a decent team like temple could stay in the race last season. We need better middle of the pack teams. However if we can put 4 teams in the tournament every season then all is good.

No, not hurting Memphis…

Just keep our coaches and we end up with six bids. That’s why losing Mick was bad for the conference IMO.

5 Likes

For too many years when you read recruiting lists of the top players you always saw the same names like UNC, Duke, UCLA, even Texas, but never UH.
Sampson has turned that around in two years of dancing and now we are up there with our names in the lights like the others.
However, we are not going to get everyone we recruit…but it’s nice to be getting the attention and the recruits we are getting.
I think Memphis has everyone in a tizzy because of their recruiting. But as filthy as the AAU is, Penny has the inside because he coached so many of those kids.
I am confident that we are going to get ours, and I bet coach Sampson will be selective. For instance, it would not surprise me to see him pick a high 3-star player he likes over a primadonna five star…he is going to do what it takes to have everyone’s ear…

2 Likes

Also people forget Memphis kids see going to Memphis as a big deal. There rosters are always heavy with Memphis kids since they produce a lot of talent.

Houston is building a good reputation and also is fighting 6 in state schools. Texas is very competitive for recruits now. Just hope we can get some of the local Houston kids to stay home going forward. I think it’s starting to change though.

2 Likes

Not to sound like sour grapes but if ATM and LSU were Smith’s original favorites, money was probably an issue. After TTU successful season, their alums probably stepped up.

5 Likes

TT wins doing it a very similar way that Sampson does. Shut up with the cheating crap and just show some respect.
I do not necessarily want them to win but I am not going to cry foul when they do.

Just crossing my fingers we land one of the PGs and Centers who are showing us interest and vice-versa because any combination of the 2 looks like Grand Slam.

1 Like

Steve was respectfully alleging Tech is just as dirty as UT and ATM. I’m sure Steve has a great deal of respect for Tech as grifters and crooks.

No reason to tell him to shut up.

4 Likes

Stupid to accuse a program of cheating because he chooses another school. Are we also cheating being that we were in his final 2.
He was right it does sound like sour grapes.

That aren’t many that know more that Steve about what’s going on in the BB world. Telling him…or any one to shut up is just plain rude.

1 Like

It’s weird how @RWcoog doesn’t get his jimmiez rustle whenever someone accuses Memphis about cheating, but gets offended when Texas Tech is accused hmmm… :thinking: weird.

1 Like

Oh my someone is desperate. I get called out by the almighty progs two straight threads.

Do I really need to start calling you names or can you just get the point? I have no love for TT and even said I do not wish for them to be successful.
I did not call out Memphis because I do not comment on every thread, appreciate you trying to drag me into them, and I was talking about TT not memphis.
As for memphis I have no idea how they are getting their players. They will need to win quick if they are going to sustain these highly touted classes. Good for them and you will not find a post where I accused them of cheating either.

Strike 2 progs. Are you go to strikeout swinging or looking?

It’s just ignorant, petty and jealous to say that the only way a recruit would pick the national runner up, second straight elite eight appearance and regular season champ of a much stronger/deeper conference than the AAC over Houston only because they must be cheating. If after all of those positives, signing him points to cheating, well we must have really ponied up to get Nate.

1 Like

And Caleb.

I just don’t understand why we can’t malign Tech even without evidence.

1 Like