Projected Depth Chart

Yep, He was CDH’s first recruit signed . It will truly fun to see him play !
Beat OU !

1 Like

After last years brief stint I am truly excited to see Chambers start and put some pain on a qb and running back or two.

4 Likes

Tough month for the Moore buys, apparently.

1 Like

Edgeston is a starting LB.
Sprewell will be starting
I do not think Parker is 2 deep after reading article.
There is not FB

Who can we use as an HBack/FB type?

If he can’t find a serviceable guy(s) for that role, Dana could be adding multiple HBack FB/TE types for next season based on his WVU rosters.

He used them a lot later in his time at WVU.
Elijah Wellman was a recent good one on the NFL margins now.

5 on the WVU roster now listed as fullback/tight end.
3 fit the fullback model of 6 ft @230.
All recruited by Dana -RS Frosh or above.

https://wvusports.com/roster.aspx?path=&roster=139&sort=position

TX HS FB produces many but not as much demand in college these days.
They end up at LB. Preferred walk ons to throw #s at the position could be an option ?

He’s not on the depth chart.

What is the reasoning of naming LBs as Band, Will, Mike and Nick?

Made some adjustments to the OP after some…“constructive” criticism :laughing:

Regarding the fullback position, we don’t really have a true fullback on the roster, but its something Dana used later in his tenure at WVU, so I think we see it used here. Its very possible some of the TEs farther down the depth chart (Wells, Creamer, etc.) could move to fullback to get on the field.

That is the exact structure of the depth chart that Cauthen used at Ark State. BAND I’m guessing is short for Bandit, which is the Rush End position. WILL is going to be the weak side linebacker, MIKE the middle linebacker. NICK is going to be the Nickel safety.

1 Like

Play-calling purposes. It’s more sensible to refer to a position with a brief nickname than it is the entire word. However, I have the understanding that Mike, Will, and Sam were the original shorthand references; some coaches are putting their “own” flare on the game by referring to some as Joker, Bandit, Cheetah,etc. Heck, if you’re going to coach for the Coogs, then the rush end or LB needs to be called Cougar, for obvious reasons of course. lol

1 Like

The four hybrid positions gives your defense a lot of flexibility. Lets you use the personnel you have to get the best combination of size and speed on the field for the offense you are playing. Also helps if injuries come it’s not simply “next outside LB up” for example you move pieces around more in this defense.

2 Likes

I get irrationally upset whenever I see the “So” after Clayton Tune’s name. He never should have played in the bowl game, thus being able to RS him. ARGH!!!

4 Likes

Smoke’s the guy who “they” say runs a 4.9 40. I have watched his HS highlights and if he’s a 4.9, I’m a monkey’s uncle. He’s fast, that 4.9 must have been a bad start, slip or something.

1 Like

I have also heard he looks more like linebacker than running back based on build.

The guy I’d like to know more about is Fullbright III. At 5’6" 200lbs I’m thinking “Son of 'Spoon”!!!

Will be surprised if Anenih isn’t in the 2 deep. He had the 3rd or 4th most sacks

1 Like

LB gives names to Strong side, Weak side, and Middle. Sam, Will and Mike.

True, true. He would be a Junior and only 2 years left of eligibility next year.the

What I’ve heard:
Good runner, runs with power but is pretty slippery - spins and other moves.
Has had a decent camp so far.

Have you heard anything on Kelan Walker? I liked what I saw from him in the limited minutes he played against TSU and Tulane before he redshirted.

1 Like

Heard he’s in the mix, but there’s a lot of guys in front of him. Look for him next year as the depth clears out in front of him.

1 Like