Quentin Grimes (Update: Houston)

New article out there about the Coogs Basketball team by Ben Andreatta from Busting Brackets.
He is talking about Grimes like he will not be playing this year for certain.

I know he probably doesn’t know what he’s talking about but that’s what I see on the forefront so far…

1 Like

grimes is a completely different style of player than armoni… also everything about that post characterizing him is wrong…

his defensive numbers at ku were pretty good, and regualrly defended the best player on the opposing teams…“entitled 5*” bill self regualrly praised his selflessness …its actually the opposite for him, he isnt aggressive enough, he is known to settle for secondary roles if he feels there are other talents on the team

and ive said this before but kansas used him wrong…they used him almost exclusively as a spot shooter…i dont think grimes is that great of a shooter …grimes dominated in the red/white scrimmage/ 4 international games…but heres the the thing if you just looked at his 3pt shooting he shot as poorly as he did at kansas … the difference was that here is also driving, attacking, drawing fouls, play makings, all kinds of roles he wasnt given at kansas

4 Likes

What a terrible article. Gorham cant stretch the floor? LOL

1 Like

Sounds like I don’t need to waste time reading this. :frowning:

Also fans perceptions of players being lazy always puzzles me. As @pesik stated KU was using him wrong. He is a lead guard not a spot up guy like Armoni.

1 Like

CKS wouldn’t get a guy or tolerate a guy who won’t play D and put it all on the floor. How can one 5 star feel entitled when he is on a whole team of 5 stars? Maybe your brother has a case of sour grapes, it happens.

4 Likes

Grimes is the real deal.

5 Likes

Well, given the situation, maybe some of Grimes’ teammates might come along.

1 Like

Grimes will start !!!

1 Like

No doubt if he is eligible. Funny how some of our fans don’t know how good he is lol. He gave Michigan St and West Virginia the business last season. And that’s with an overrated coaching staff as far as developing a player. Still score just as much as Hinton did as a true freshman, and we praise Hinton because of what the future holds for him.

He said he can’t stretch the floor as well as Alley. In Gorham’s freshman year he didn’t take a single three and in his Sophomore year he shot 3 for 14 from 3. Alley was 31 for 116 last year. That % is not good at all, but by existing stats alone the author’s point is not at all wrong.

I know that per the board Gorham has developed 3pt range (and he probably has, though people talk about him like he’s going to average 40ppg 20rpg next year). Do we have his 3pt shooting stats from the Italy trip? I remember seeing he hit at least a couple.

1 Like

I’d take 40 and 20 from Gorham.

3 Likes

I remember Fabian hitting threes too from the stat sheet! He will.be even more lethal if that really develops during the season!

1 Like

did you go the red-white scrimmage?

gorham is a drastically better shooter than alley…gorham wasnt just shooting 3s he was shooting contested 3s off the dribble…and making it …sampson also calls him a very good 3pt shooter

the 3pt stats from the 3 scrimmages:
1-2
0-1
2-4
no attempts

this article is also seems to basing their preview on old stats and star rankings…and not so much coach intervews …
they have alley starting becuase he started games last year…there is 0% alley starts

3 Likes

Nope. Couldn’t make it.

3/7 is solid. That’s a pretty limited number of attempts, but it’s a lot more per game than he shot at Towson.

What did Alley shoot during the scrimmages? I don’t know where to get these stats.

gorham didnt shoot 3s at towson which i thought was wierd as sampson called him a good shooter…but if you watch gorham’s actual film he regularly took long 2’s…looks like he just extend his range…(note: so did fabian, fabian had game winning 3 in red/white scrimmage…and had multiple 3s in one of the games)

but alleys in the 4 international games:
1-2
1-3
2-5
1-6

and the 4 box scores btw (not game one was cut short)

“Years down the road, a shoe company using money to influence where basketball players enroll in college probably won’t be against NCAA rules. That’s my hope, at least. But right now, and back when Gassnola and other Adidas officials were enthusiastically recruiting for Kansas, it definitely was. So here we are.”

With Grimes, now, likely playing this year, it’s gonna be incredible! The Kansas allegations are major.

1 Like

To me Grimes is still a wait and see.
Yes he will be quality and a good rotation player but how good remains to be seen. His shot has not been great the brief times I have seen him but still getting adjusted. Very good in the open court and can finish. He does a good job of creating fouls and will make his FTs.
Not great handles and seemed uncomfortable handling the ball on smaller players. Good enough to help bring it up and handle himself in the halfcourt.
Anyhow still cannot wait to see this team and Grimes in the rotation.
Mills and Sasser and Alley and whichever of the 2 bigs who don’t start is going to make a very deep team.
Defensively I think he fits right into our culture as does Sasser.

1 Like

There were rumors the Lawson family got six figures when the 2 players transferred from Memphis.

1 Like

Cedric Alley, love you playing for the red and white. Please stop shooting.