Quentin Grimes (Update: Houston)

No, that’s a formality because he signed his scholarship agreement. Like with Jordan Moore. He still has to request waiver and I dont see why he would get denied.

How do we watch them play in italy?

1 Like

no, he is sitting out unitl he is given the waiver…everything official has to say he is sitting out

waivers take months to process

1 Like

why not go to the NBA if he can’t play immediately?

That’s my take. I say he gets a waiver and plays immediately

1 Like

Over on the KU basketball forum, they’re making a huge deal about his 30 lb. weight gain from HS to college and that it played a role in his sluggishness as a freshman. Don’t know anything about all of that, but got some insight from their fans just like we have opinions about our players.

In the end, it just sounds like they’re butt hurt. It doesn’t look like they’ll miss him, but they say if he loses weight and does better at UH, it’s because the competition isn’t as good. :unamused:

1 Like

lol becuase they are idiots

they are saying he gained 30lbs which is indeed a fact…he was 180 coming into KU and is 210 now

they are saying becuase he gained 30lbs he must have gotten fat…nowhere adding the common sense that college freshmen gain weight from weight training… he gained 30lbs of muscle

Bmi (fat percentage) is measured at the combine… he was about average with everyone there (and note the combine only invites the elite)

here is grimes after he left KU (clearly not fat)

here is grimes entering KU

him gaining 30lbs is a good thing…not a bad thing

2 Likes

BMI isn’t fat percentage, although unfortunately it’s common use is as a proxy for fatness. It’s a fair, if oversimple, proxy until you have a lot of muscle mass and then all the muscle keeps raising your BMI because the formula has no way of knowing if the weight is from muscle or fat.

How did he gained 30 pds in such a short time … impressive

30 lbs of muscle can still potentially slow you down. I’m not saying that’s the case here. I have no idea. Just saying gaining a lot of muscle isn’t inherently good.

I could see how it can effect his shot getting used to his new muscle in his arms.

1 Like

I think it was just a bad fit for Grimes. Self is a good coach but every player isn’t always going to fit there system. Also KU is the worst school to go to if you want to be one and done. That’s why kids flock to Duke and Kentucky.

i think the lack of an aggressive nature also played into it … he is very quiet
i think his lack of success on offense at KU had nothing to do with his body but the role he played for them…he was given a secondary role for them but at the same time you didnt see him fighting for a bigger role

he is very reserved…which is why i think Sampson could work miracles for him, because no one is allowed to be reserved under sampson especially not the guards

3 Likes

I don’t know about 30 lbs of muscle slowing you down; but from experience I can say for a fact that 30 lbs of fat will. But I’m on an exercise regimen of sprints to the fridge during commercials.

12 Likes

Am I understanding he was 6-5 and 180 lbs?!?

If you’re 6-5 and 180 lbs you need to put on 30 just to make it through the express lane at HEB.

2 Likes

No one does less with more than Self.

Perennial early exits from the tournament with upper echelon recruiting classes.

2 Likes

Kansas under Self just brings in a new wave of high level talent year after year regardless of who returns or if the newcomers sometimes play the same position.

Patience and development are hardy the priority.
Its step up or move on.
(with some notable exceptions like Frank Mason 3d & Perry Ellis)

Grimes has all the physical tools & this staff gets the best out of guys.
That said, if he doesn’t scrap & claw on defense & for every loose ball. He won’t be playing.

Hope he is eligible. We should have another Sweet 16 squad. Maybe more.

1 Like

He might have to move to small forward or even power forward if he keeps filling out.

No lol. His true height is 6’3 and 6’4 1/2 with shoes. Solid guard height

If we put lifts in his shoes we can get him up to 6’6".

Pretty sure Grimes is 6’5”