Really looking forward to this Tech game

My neighbors are BIG TTU fans and they didn’t know that Tech was coming to town. I don’t get the sense that there is a ton of excitement for the Red Raiders from their fanbase. I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment that they will make it less likely to have an overwhelming home field advantage. Coogs fans will no doubt arrive late, but it will be full by the end of the 1st qtr and The Cage will be rocking.

spoken like a true TECH Fan…There is HONESTLY, and I will repeat, HONESTLY not that many tech fans here…now ATM and Whorns, yes…Tech and Baylor…much less…Our fan base will show up for this one…This is an old SWC Foe we love to beat + they stole our BIG 12 Place…and most of us that remember that…will make sure we are in full force!!! TT will never outnumber use in HOUSTON nor our own stadium!!!

Seems you hurt some feelings with this comment.

I will also disagree. UH fans will come out in full force to see if we can keep the streak of P5 wins alive.

Nobody said there would be more Tech fans there than UH fans. But there are almost definitely going to be more Tech fans than there were Louisville fans last year. At the very least, Tech will likely bring their band, which I don’t remember Louisville doing.

3 Likes

This is most likely true. I still see Coogs out numbering the TTU fans 90/10.

The idea it won’t be full homefield advantage must be from the astrodome days

90/10 is still a pretty optimistic number, IMO. That would mean we sold out the stadium and they left 20% of their allotment on the table. I don’t see that happening.

I see something like a 3:1 split being more realistic. 9 or 10k is definitely a number that Tech is capable of. I could even see as much as a 2:1 split happening, though I don’t think that’s quite as likely. We’ll definitely notice them there, but there’s no chance they outnumber us.

I am interested in seeing the metric behind this national top 5. Are those two returning guys from last year? And what defenses has Tech played to vault their receivers so high?

1 Like

Better than 32k/1 during the Rice game. lol

Maybe D. King will return kicks with Wilder out. Helps to have weapons nobody has seen.

This is exactly where I’m landing with my prediction. The only way Tech is holding us to less than 40 is if we turn the ball over a bunch of times. Because Tech will put up points against us, the starters will play the whole game and that’s going to result in gawdy numbers for Kyle Allen and the receivers. Bonner should have an absolute field day against that joke of a defense.

Houston 48
Tech 35

You guys have more confidence in the Tech team than their fans do. Reading their message board, they fully expect to get handled by the Coogs. I agree with Tech fans on this point. I can’t see Tech’s offense scoring at will on our defense.

I remember there being talk about the TTU turnout at the Keenum/UH game against TTU at The Rob. I don’t recall being blown away by the number of TTU fans. I guess with Black & Red as their colors it was/will be difficult to tell except for crowd noise levels depending on the situation.

2 Likes

If you think TT sells 10,000 tickets you are smoking something wacky.

2 Likes

What are they fans of then, the College of Engineering? That is certainly worth being a fan of but you can’t be a fan of a sport and not know who your team’s next opponent is unless you’re in a coma. IMHO.

So who’s fault will that be?

Here are the true advantages for UH:

1. A really loud stadium. Buy a program for $5. Roll it up. Yell through it. Works like a megaphone which I don’t think are [a loud] anymore.
  2. Ed Oliver
  3. Everyone else on the D who will feed off of TTs fear of Ed.
  4. An offense that hasn’t even begun to flex. Fear that.

Just saw that we’re favored by 6 on ESPN, but I don’t see an over/under yet.

I thought this was interesting. In its last 5 games, TT is giving up an average of 40.2 points per game. Take the FCS opponent out of the equation, and it’s 47.75 points per game and only one of those games was against a ranked opponent. That’s embarrassingly bad!

Exactly CougarDave. The TT game at the Rob was a sellout but their fans were barely noticeable. I’m going to take the over on this bet and say that Tech will score a lot of points on us. They scored more on Az than we did. Just my opinion. Let the dissing begin…

They didn’t play Arizona. They played Arizona State. And they hung about the same number of points on them this year as they did last year.

Yep. Pretty sad. I wonder if CMA used the Iowa State film to any.

1 Like