Rice thinks theyre finna beat us

Maybe we should be flattered. We’ll be the biggest contingent of fans supporting any team playing at Rice this year. To them, we’re like UT.

I saw they were expecting a crowd in the high 20k range on twitter today. I really think this game might be the least hyped Bayou Bucket in a long time.

https://twitter.com/CoachAlanBishop/status/1035190370047602688

2 Likes

this is basically our home opener. i would hope not lol

1 Like

Jerry, Rice is doing everything they can to keep the crowd DOWN! They have no fans themselves, and the last thing they want is 30,000 Coog fans coming to their home stadium.

1 Like

Its always mostly coog fans at every game I have been to at Rice Stadium and that is all of them since the series started back up.

I saw on twitter or the news where they were encouraging people to uber or lyft to the stadium and that sounds strange, because if they can’t handle parking for a 27-30k crowd what are they even doing.

I know they are used to 4-5k, but I just don’t get why they would discourage people from coming to what will be their biggest home crowd of the season.

You left out a crucial part. They projected that crowd because of the weather forecast, not because of ticket sales. Houston sports fans take the term “fair weather fan” to a whole new level.

as long as its not another texas st game parking situation then we should be fine. that was by far the worst one i have experienced.

Waking up to hearing thunder and pouring down rain gave me flashbacks to Keenum’s 9TD game against Rice. I remember being there first hand sitting in the rain. Keenum throws a pick. Defense holds and Rice misses a field goal. Next series, Keenum fumbles the ball and it’s returned for a TD. Coogs down 17-7 and I’m telling my buddy, we have better players than them, why don’t we just run the ball until the rain stops. Two plays later Keenum hits Edwards on a bomb and history was being written.

I can’t even imagine what the gameday thread was like at that time. The sky was probably falling for a good 5 minutes.

1 Like

Once it stopped raining and the coogs kept getting Pat Edwards matched up with a safety it was like stealing.

2 Likes

That is a brilliant idea!

They may do it but if they do then the DC should be gone because he is not getting the job done.