COOGS THINK COLO, ARIZ, ARIZ S, UTAH, ?,?, WOULD
DRAW A FULL HOUSE. THAT WOULD BE OUR DIVI IN
THE P12 HOWEVER TT, TCU, BAYLOR, OKS, IOWA S
KANSAS S. ?,? WOULD DRAW MORE IF WE WERE
IN THE BIG 12, OF COURSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO
THE ?,? WOULD BE. MOST OF YOU HAVE NEIHBORS
WHO WENT TO ONE OF THE TEX COLLEGES MOST
LIKELY. WHEN WE LIVED IN HOUSTON AREA I DO
NOT REMEMBER A NEIHBOR FROM THE A-12 GROUP.
JUST RAMBLENS. GO COOGS

5 Likes

No, don’t think anyone would draw a full house other than the college football blue bloods unless we’re winning. But, we need the money and if the only option we have is the PAC-12, we don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

2 Likes

That’s something I’ve always thought about the PAC. I just don’t see anyone other than a USC, maybe Washington and Stanford and UCLA and Oregon (if they’re back) being a big draw. But it’s hard to say how divisions or pods would be worked out. We’re putting the cart a bit before the horse here, eh? Anyway, a 16-team conference, which a lot of people think is the future of college football, will be difficult to work out. You really can’t have an old MLB format where the teams don’t play until the championship. Teams may have seven games within their division and then play two alternating teams every two years from the other. But they could also consider setting up four team pods or quads or whatever. UH could go with Tech, maybe TCU and OK State. Might have Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah in another, the four California schools in one, and the Oregon and Washington schools in the other. That way you might have three games in your quad, two games against each of the next two closest quads, and then one against the farthest. So UH might have a conference schedule of Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, and Washington. Maybe. Who knows? I would think the PAC would want to have the West Coast teams playing as many Central Standard Time games as possible, and that would be one way to do it.

2 Likes

My opinion is there is no real connection other than mild disdain with our fellow state institutions. Maybe Texas Tech, SMU and Rice being the exceptions, but for the most part the old SWC club existed before us and has existed well after us. Given a choice, I’d rather go to the ACC, but in the game of musical chairs that is this whole power conference BS, we’d probably have no choice but to go with which ever conference offers. My hope is that we cut our own path as far from whorn and aggie and the rest of the gang as possible…I have no sentimental nostalgia for any of them…screw them all. There’s plenty of alum bases for plenty of schools around the country in this big ol’ city.

5 Likes

Let’s look East…the ACC would really benefit from having a presence in Southeast Texas. They are already above average in both football and basketball…top heavy yes, but their best carry the conference. Houston could definitely help with BOTH and even our Baseball program would be a nice addition.

1 Like

It is great to want this conference or that conference but we will take an invite from any viable P5 conference.

Clemson is going to vote no on us. They don’t want their path getting to the national championship any harder than it is. Right now they can breeze through the ACC.

They have publicly said no the CFP expansion because of that same reason.

All five are possible targets. It is a matter of Dollars and Cents not sports. The expansion "time slot"can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Clemson, Alabama, UH, every school, is subject to ebb and flow, ups and downs. Plenty of reasons for ACC members to not include UH in any expansion plans, but they are about the business plan, not about a rival for Clemson.

Two principles drive conference affiliation; maximizing revenue, and long-term viability. Not whether members are hard to defeat on the field. The fans are the ones who worry about that.

3 Likes

The networks will play a big part in the decision making. If ESPN decides they want to get the ACC network on more services in the State of Texas, they will tell the ACC to expand into Texas. And the ACC will expand into Texas. No different than the ACC adding Boston College, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. That decision was based on instructions by ESPN.

The Big 12 elected to stay at 10 schools. Why? Because Fox and ESPN deemed it was better for them to stay at 10 schools.

1 Like

All five??? UH is more likely to end up in the SWAC than the SEC or B10.

They would probably benefit from the recruiting pipeline into Houston, where they could show up at recruits’ Friday night games with Deshaun Watson and Deandre Hopkins.

1 Like

Teams do just fine recruiting here but not playing here. Adding us for recruiting purposes is about as low benefit as anything.

1 Like

What’s the matter? Did mamie lock you in your room for not doing your homework? It is never too late to grow up. At least try. That is the first step.

You didn’t refute the point I was making. The SEC and the Big 10 are pipe dreams. The ACC’s closest member is over 600 miles from Houston and the nearest PAC 12 school is over 900 miles away. What makes you think that they are going to be interested in adding the fourth most popular football team in the city of Houston?

FoUrTh MoSt PoPuLaR FoOtBaLL TeAM…hawwwt take from trollfly

Is UH more popular than the Texans, Longhorns and Aggies? Uh no.

Uh yes

The empty seats at TDECU say otherwise.

I don’t think Clemson is worried about anyone other than Bama hiring Dabo when Saban retires.

1 Like