Scumlin coming to TDECU next year

I guess we’ll see.

UH should get every player from that 2011 team back for that game to get today’s players jacked for the game !!!

4 Likes

Not only did he interview that week, he cancelled a walk through practice to go to the interview. - Per a player’s mom whom I work with.

4 Likes

Mr. Scumlin had the chance to do something special. Instead he highly disrespected young minds, young adults at the most important time in their athletic career. For that he can’t be forgotten now. You all remember how we debated this when this happened. Thinking about it makes my stomach turn. I/we have not forgotten. The damage that he did to our program is not measurable but you have to ask yourself about the effect of finishing undefeated. Mr. Frost said it best and taught every G5 want to be P5 Coach how to properly conduct themselves. When a then 18/22 years old will look back 40 years from now he will inadvertently think of what could have been. A Coach is a Teacher. He/she is a leader of men or women. He/she is there to lead not to cheat. Some do, some don’t. Yes, I might be an idealist but you have to respect the human beings otherwise we are nothing. The disrespect is highly documented. He, Mr. Scumlin will also have to look into the mirror one day and ask himself of what could have been. I am a Christian so I will forgive him at some point. judas that resides in the Texas State capital is made of the same cloth. Personally I will remember this 2017 College Football season as the one of Mr. Frost. I will forever pull for him. These young minds WILL look back and smile. Mr. Scumlin you had the chance to do the same instead you choose not to. I know it is a business but everyone is remembered by their legacy.
Make no mistakes our upcoming UA game will be a major battle. I can tell you first hand having watch the game in person that UA is loaded with talent. Mr. Scumlin can be a very good Coach. He did not choose this opportunity because he had no choice. This reminds me when he took over our Coaching job. Our stadium should be louder than a Who concert. Making it nearly impossible for their QB. Let’s show UA respect like they did when we played them. When Mr. Scumlin is introduced a complete silence should be our best “welcome back” Silence can be golden friends.

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/gil_brandt/status/952620105493504001

1 Like

going to be interesting.

1 Like

Official

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/78443/report-arizona-set-to-hire-kevin-sumlin?ls=roto:CFB:topheadlines

Looking like the real deal now. That will certainly be a fun week.

YES, YES, YES! I can’t wait for this game!

Major has to win this one. This is more than one stupid non-conference game now.

1 Like

Let’s CRUSH that guy!!! Plan on letting Ed Oliver roll all over dem CATS!!!

Kevin RUMlin.

If I am not mistaken it will be the first time a former UH head coach has played UH.

I’d rather see us play them in a couple of conference games as a member of the PAC

5 Likes

Sumlin should be applauded. Agree that the 2011 Championship game was a disappointing, but that season was magical. Taking down Okie State and Tech…with a young team in 2009…only to lose to Utep.
Good times

That championship game is all I hold against Sumlin. The fact that he ripped a&m off for so much coin is kinda funny !

Not how I’d describe that season. The final from 2011 is the worst I have ever felt after a game, even worse then after the TDECU opener. I felt like I was going to vomit and kicked in the nuts at the same time.

8 Likes

Not if you believe the stories from former players that say he failed to game plan for Southern Miss leading to losing out on a Sugar Bowl invite vs Michigan.

I prefer to applaud Case, Carrier, Edwards, McGraw, etc. who I firmly believe would have succeeded with any competent coaching staff.

5 Likes

I hope it’s one of the loudest home games and we are able to take out our aggression on zona. I remember how I felt walking to my car after cusa championship game. It was sickening. You knew the distraction was the reason we lost. It’s hard to believe case didn’t win a conference title.

3 Likes

I remember the punt on 4th and one when UH was driving on Southern Miss and Case Keenum was upset at Sumlin for not going for it. Case knew we could pick up the first down…but Sumlin’s mind was already at A & M and he didn’t care about the game. Lets win this game in a Blowout for that 2011 team!

4 Likes