Secret scrimmage

Well, I would hope to see it in my lifetime, but I doubt it. Maybe an OK and ut’less big12.

At least 6 years off as a possibility.

1 Like

We had one against Baylor last year and won. Hoping for the same results.

Not secret anymore.

4 Likes

Good measuring stick, no doubt. At ft. worth neutral court, luv it. I hope we get so!e insight of re scrimmage. If GR3 can have a career year shooting the 3, UH will be a Top 25 team and win conference no doubt.

Not familiar with how these scrimmages work…are they played like an acutal 40 minute game?

1 Like

Yes. We played one of these “not so secret” scrimmages against Baylor in Waco last year. Here are a couple of threads discussing that game.

Read the OP in the “My Thoughts” thread - @srassen7 is a freaking Nostradamus.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that!

Like being told about your surprise birthday party.

1 Like

And I will be out of town… Would have found a way in if I was here that date.

hoping for some good news tomorrow

Guessing this IG post is the team on their way to the scrimmage
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaXFntgnqU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1clxmeqbwfspo

With 2 key guys out, not willing to read too much into it.

to some extent, if its a close loss it means nothing really…

if we win without 2 projected starters, that is a big sign to our depth…
if we loss in a blowout, that is a big sign to our depth (or lack there off)

we won, or we lost and corey had a big game …

he tweeted this right after the scrimmage
https://twitter.com/CoreyDavisJr_/status/1056263890638639104

1 Like

That’s a good sign.

1 Like

Nah, sounds like they won against a pretty good team. Not shocked, UH is in prime shaped. Talent is there, and defense should be nasty.

3 Likes

The Jordan gear is sweet. You know the Baylor’s of the world wish they could be a Jordan team.

How do we know that was after the scrimmage? He tweeted that at lunch time. Did we play in the morning?

people found out wichita won their scrimmage vs okstate because mcduffie put on his instagram, “we got the w”, was secretly hoping one of the players in the game would do the same since no one is revealing any details so i checked the instagrams of the tech/houston players

it was a early scrimmage…a bunch of the tech players put up a bunch of “gametime” posts on their stories inside the arena in forthworth …no one posted anything for 2.5 hours…then corey posted that…3 hours later posted that he was back in houston (the tech players post and the travel time to dallas, both indicate it was immediately after the scrimmage)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find something out there, but everyone seems to be keeping hush-hush for now.

Also possible that this wasn’t a full game scrimmage and they were working on different things against each other. Saw someone else had broken up their scrimmage into three parts and didn’t have a score.

This was a bit different from the Baylor scrimmage as that was a charity scrimmage, so they had a crowd for that game in Waco last season. No crowd for this one.

1 Like