Shannon Dawson Apparently Calling Plays

Yes Herman sold a good bill of goods and it helped the program at a time where we had the players to back it all up.

It was also not sustainable and was already being doubted by many of the players and parents before he left.

If that was the real Herman and he could build off of it then it was great, but it was not.
He was a fraud of a person and it was showing before he left and I am guessing would have been exposed in the next couple years had he stayed.
Funny how the current austin media and players do not see him as a social media genius or program builder in terms of marketing, actually the opposite.

3 Likes

After LTH took the cream of the 2017 recruiting class with him to UT, CMA had a recruiting class that drew jeers from many on these boards. LTH and CMA unnecessarily burned a bunch of redshirts from the classes they did recruit. Levine left LTH with a boat load of NFL caliber players that were gone and not replaced by LTH or CMA.

By the time CDH got here, our cupboard was not completely bare, but it was far from being adequately stocked. Add to that, King just did not adapt to the new system and actually regressed as a passer, especially on long passes. Our OL, already very thin, was dropping like flies and just getting enough bodies to play became a challenge in itself. We used guys way before they were really ready just to man the trenches.

The total team was depleted by injuries at many positions, yet people were giving him hell because he was only a coach and not a magician. The chorus of, “We are paying $4 million, we expect more” was continuous. (BTW, I’ll bet the name signed on the paychecks doesn’t say “we.”) Duarte’s questions sounded more like accusations on several occasions which caused consternation on Dana’s part.

Well, here’s the deal. Holgorsen is the same guy that was here with Case years earlier. He was a good coach then and is a good coach now. I expect a much better season this fall after he has done a lot of things to start – not finish – the rebuilding process. But regardless, I am going to give him my support as long as he is our coach. I don’t see how constantly bitching about our coach helps anything. According to many, the recruits read our boards, especially the free ones, and the constant undermining certainly can’t help his efforts to recruit these kids. As for his interface with the press, that doesn’t bother me a bit.

15 Likes

Sign stealing aside, the Astros built a dynasty by tanking three (3) consecutive years. UofH is tearing the roster down to implement a redshirt program that will build depth for the future. It’s hard to watch, but I support the process. #LFG Win so games!

6 Likes

I’ve found CDH very informative and open at his radio show. Drop by this year and find out.
#GoCoogs!

4 Likes