Since We Are Simply Waiting for Next Sat

Simply waiting for Wednesday

3 Likes

Briles or Sumlin or Whornguy could have stayed and become legends at UH.
I hope they all take a long walk off a short pier.

That being said, hiring for consistency is our downfall. Hoping Dana can change the trend.

6 Likes

Sumlin lost my respect when he dumped on UH when asked about recruiting at A&M and how recruits opened his letters now. He could have been more professional and highlighted the positives of the university that gave him his first HC job and set him on path to make $Ms but he chose to take a shot at UH.

6 Likes

Herman was also fools gold
Briles built his teams with lot of foul play

3 Likes

He can’t dump on the job he left for more :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:. He took what he thought was a better job, left us cold at halftime against Southern Miss in his heart, then rode into the sunset…well.

2 Likes

Sumlin is dead man walking at U of A.

The financial losses due to COVID could make a buyout difficult.

3 Likes

Good riddance.

3 Likes

I seriously thought he was no longer coach there…

I thought he was a coordinator somewhere else at this point.

Last go round.

2 Likes

A coupla Judas’s ago, heh

I always thought he was over-rated. He relies on his assistants to get it done. Just look at his offenses from when he started at UH to what it is now.

The offense had nothing to do with him when he was here. And we were not great in the other areas. He was basically Levine without the good recruiting. What he did do was surround himself with better assistants , but once that well ran dry you are seeing the results

1 Like

Let’s see. Where’s the last AZ coach, Rich Rod? After a year off he was OC at Ole Miss last year. Nada this year.

K-Sum kids done okay. One at Pepperdine law. One is a freshman walk-on at OU football. Another plays in AZ (junior). Another daughter. And they’ve never called a play. Haha.

1 Like

Summie’s gonna go back to Colleville (where he still lives) and retire a very wealthy former coach who brought a heisman to the hitleryouths. Noel Mazzone-his old Minnesota buddy, forever grateful to Summie, will move into his basement and tend to the yard and garden.

Doesn’t appear that Kevin has a house in Brazos County unless it’s under a trust. However, Charlene moved into a new 3500sf home in CSTAT in late 2018. Maybe you know that Kevin wants to move back some day. I believe he liked his time in Norman as much as anywhere.

Neal Brown, now at WVU, was the epitome of a solid person for how he left Troy.

1 Like

Probably helps that the WVU job wasn’t actually open until January, and there weren’t even any rumors of it coming open until we lost our bowl game on the same day Troy played theirs.

2 Likes

Scott Frost also left UCF in a proper manner, after their bowl game. He refused to discuss any coaching move until after their season was over. I could appreciate that.

11 Likes

I will never forget how he hurt our kids. What an unethical man.

2 Likes

He is the man that all G5 coaches should emulate when going to a P5 program.

6 Likes

Sumlin’s team was forecast to be dead last in The PAC 12.

And it is.

His recruiting is also dead last.

As high school talents is in greater Phoenix and Sumlin has made zero impact there.

Kyle Allen is from Phoenix. So is the OU QB. So is the Purdue QB.

Sumlin should not have been hired by U of A but he was.

4 Likes