Since We Are Simply Waiting for Next Sat

I remember i told OU fans we stole Sumlin away. They said “who”

1 Like

Why is Kyle Allen relevant in your post?

Question. Are we playing Saturday?

1 Like

Just saw on the news it’s postponed

1 Like

Hope the team isn’t too deflated and can finish the season strong

3 Likes

Yes ma’am I just saw that Berman said it was canceled

1 Like

“Since We Are Simply Waiting for Next Sat”

When they make the 2020 season documentary…this will be the title.

2 Likes

Did you read my last post?

Seems easy to understand.

I say change thread till we are waiting for next year! Glad basketball starts tomorrow!

Amen!

Let’s just hope we don’t have Covid replays for basketball season.

1 Like

It is possible to leave a program the proper way with integrity and honesty…
Character does matter and we have seen the impacts of it after three coaches have left.

2 Likes

Yes, as I’ve said before, Larry Fedora and Sumlin were going to leave (USM, UH), and everyone knew it. The difference was that Fedora did it with CLASS. He (and his Agent) stood by not saying anything until AFTER the season. Fedora beat us, won his bowl game, and THEN…announced his departure for UNC.

Sumlin’s agent just murdered us in the press with “unnamed sources”, and we lost the championship game by 21 when we were FAVORED by 14, missing a guaranteed Sugar Bowl bid v Michigan and $17M (65% of $17M, the rest shared by conference), and all of the publicity and recruiting that went with it…

So yeah. There IS a way to do it…

8 Likes

In a business about relationships, it is interesting that these guys harm them with former schools. Additionally, why burn the bridge? Furthermore, why get butt hurt when you are interviewing for a job and you get called on it? None of this makes any sense.

2 Likes

Man, I was ready to buy tickets after that game for the Sugar Bowl…only to lose that game. Beating Penn State the way we did at the actual Cotton Bowl :stadium: Stadium was nice(Ticket City Bowl), but facing Michigan in the Superbowl with a chance at a BCS Bowl would have been Awesome. That still hurt and the payout. Ticket City Bowl payout: Payout US$1.2 million per team

4 Likes

If a school really wants a coach they will not force him to dump on their school and leave a couple weeks earlier

2 Likes

Russell that literally did not happen with Fedora. It just didn’t. Everyone and my dog knew that he was gone to UNC…
Everyone knew Scumlin was gone to GagEm.

Fedora had integrity and class. Scumlin had literally none of that…

Everyone in every single decision throughout every single day has a choice to make. Do I conduct my life with honor and integrity or not?

1 Like

Ooops. Sorry Russell, misunderstood you. Thought you were saying that a school “would” force that…my bad !!!

Along these lines, Fedora’s initial contract with UNC was about $1M more than Scumlin’s new contract with GagEm…which said volumes…

2 Likes

That was the best I have ever seen.

1 Like

That stunt really hurt us on so many frints. Thwn even worse we were irrelavant a seasin later

2 Likes