Six UH athletes just tested positive

The six players most likely interacted with admin, cafeteria, housing and other staff while on campus. We have no idea where this is going. Football should be the lowest priority on campus.

2 Likes

We are not alone.

https://twitter.com/insideiowa/status/1271569252042944512?s=21

Also at Oklahoma St, Marshall, Texas Tech and Texas.

South American countries are in winter

The older coaches need not attend voluntary workouts

Sorry, the covid thing was not worth shutting everything down for

Keep opening up get back to normal

I am all for investing $ for solutions that protect the vulnerable populations and areas like nursing homes

Our athletes have a 99% chance of recovering quickly from this. It’s time to admit the initial response was flawed and adapt

5 Likes

I honestly couldn’t tell if you’re joking.

3 Likes

Why do you think that? UH is the only school that has reacted this way. We’ll definitely have a season. Whether UH wants to be a part of it is totally up to them. They won’t be if this is the reaction every time a player tests positive.

2 Likes

I really like that helmets. It’s probably my favorite one.

1 Like

South American countries are heading into winter. They’re coming out of summer.

So you are saying we should not have shut down, seen a death toll closer to 1,000,000 and that extra 900,000 deaths would have been ok???

3 Likes

You got it friend. Saw the news today and our brain dead governor thought it was a good time to reopen. Look at the data coming in! Sorry but it was too early to open up early and now all of us are going to pay a huge price for this mistake. Get ready for a second wave that is going to be worse than the initial one.

2 Likes

By initial response are you talking about the two months of doing nothing? Or when we started a fake shut down and didn’t enforce anything? It has been a complete failure from January to now. We weren’t prepared as a country and the shutdown was not thorough. A lot of first world countries got ahead of the virus and ones who got hit earliest put in a good shutdown and are now in a very good spot. Just because we failed at a shutdown doesn’t mean they don’t work, multiple countries proved they worked.

With all that said, I don’t see any widespread shutdowns again. I have no idea where we go from here.

3 Likes

Those athletes may not be impacted by COViD but they become carriers who may have had contact with at risk people before getting tested
their family, university staff on campus, people in stores and restaurants, etc etc.

Even if you’re cool with people dying from the disease, the reputational risk is not worth it if contact tracing pintponts negligence of the program as a spreader event.

2 Likes

no lawbert, it’s the end of fall in south america, not summer, just like it’s the end of spring here. winter conditions already exist in argentina and chile and will now spread 
the lows in buenos aires, santiago, bogotá,and quito will all be in the 40s tonite.

I haven’t seen other schools have multiple symptomatic cases. That is unusual.

UH doesnt have heavy cases, Duarte nor UH said anyone was heavy symptoms

There are numerous hints no one is majorly symptomatic. UH only started wide testing when duarte when
UCF tested everyone and released a report, Duarte asked for UH’s, we responded that we were only testing if they showed symptoms. which duarte noted was less than other schools (that was just 3 days ago)
im guessing that made us realize we goofed and then tested everyone
 6 were positive

Berman said it. See second post in this thread.

i read that, but i didnt take it as serious since the note said theyd just be isolated. when people speaking of it online they are referencing heavy symptoms that need hospitalization

Symptomatic doesn’t mean hospitalization. It just means they are showing symptoms. Most of the players I’ve seen reported for other teams were asymptomatic.

i know but when people note symptomatic they tend to assume they are heavy symptoms
also i dont believe we are the only school if we are counting lite symptoms
from the other reports ive seen, they havent noted if they had symptom or not, just that they tested everyone and who was positive and who wasnt.

i think we are the only one who stated who has symptoms because we are the school who said we didnt test unless they showed some symptoms