SMU about to lose top assistant

This will hurt SMU as he’s there top recruiter and has good connections in the state.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1298267086708305920

He’s going there to get fired the year after.

4 Likes

I’d rather live in ATX than DFW, too…

2 Likes

Doom for Jankovich. It’s been a good recruiting offseason for the Ponies.

Lived in both areas. Austin is more beautiful. Felt closer to Home in DFW area. Hated the snowy days in DFW… Felt more Cooghate in Austin area. Nothing beats beating a DFW team in Dallas as they hate losing to any Houston team(Coogs, Rockets, Texans, Astros). Would take Houston over both hands down!

5 Likes

The whole Dallas area suffers from a severe case of “superiority”; they think they are a little better than everybody else - and a lot better than anything from the Houston area! They even invented the idea of “The Metroplex” (that includes all of Fort Worth and everything in between) for just one reason: so that they could claim to be bigger than Houston!

And they have always looked down on Fort Worth as “Cow Town,” always thinking of themselves as being more sophisticated than all the slobs living to their west. Meanwhile, Fort Worth has always had more culture and better museums than anything in Dallas!

5 Likes

Yassss

Fantastic museums and their zoo is awesome. I kind of took it for granted until I lived in other places. As a Fort Worth kid, I grew up hating Dallas just as much as I would have if raised in Houston… except I was a Cowboys fan :grimacing:

2 Likes

Nothing more I hate than getting lumped in with Dallas. We will be at a million people in a few years and have a different culture than most of Dallas. The only city I ever hated growing up was Dallas. Houston, Austin, San Antonio were fun places to go.

I have to correct something from above, 95% of Cowboys fans up here have no feelings towards the Texans. I would argue the Texans wouldn’t even make our top 10 of “rival” teams. When I was living in Houston, the hate from Texans fans was one of the weirdest things to me. Never seen a fanbase celebrate a preseason win more than Texans fans.

It’ll be a cold day in hell before anyone hears a kind word from me regarding Dallas.

1 Like

Dallas > Waco

2 Likes

Not me. If I didn’t live in the Houston area, my next Texas choice would be San Antonio. Austin (aka San Franscisco east) would be way down the list.

1 Like

Cowboy hatred was about the only thing that carried over from the Oilers to the Texans.

3 Likes

I think I hate the Mavericks and Rangers more than the Cowboys.

The Cowboys ownership and front office have become so much of a comedy…Hollywood couldn’t write anything as funny as what comes from Jerry, The Owner or Jerry, The GM’s mouth.

2 Likes

Cowboys. Suck.

1 Like

Well, I will tell you just the opposite, while living in Grand Prairie, TX. I am not a Texans fan, but Oilers fan I was. Cowboys fans were still talking a little trash to me as I wore my Oilers jersey next to “Jerry World” and was stating that they were glad I didn’t wear the Houston Texans jersey. The hate in Dallas is similar. I went to a Rockets Mav game there, and one of the Fans there was so irritated that My Brother in Law and I were cheering for OUR Hometown Rockets, he started yelling and getting upset. (Well the Rockets did beat up on the Mavs, so I can understand his frustration)…it is beautiful to beat a Dallas team in Dallas!

5 Likes

Me too, love San Antonio.

1 Like

Cowboys fans will talk trash and make fun of any other team. You could wear a CFL jersey near Cowboys stadium and get insults thrown at you. We don’t discriminate on who to trash talk. Texans aren’t high up on the hate list. There is such a huge gap between the Giants/Washington/Eagles and the second tier group of the 49ers, Steelers, Cardinals, Packers, and Saints. Texans are in the third tier with teams like the Bills, Lions, Patriots.

Btw, I love how off topic this thread has become. As long as Turner has been hitting the weight room, he will do well in Austin. Just a heavier bag for him to carry to recruits.

1 Like

A man of truth! Yes, and not even close. I lived in Temple, TX for 8 months before the move to Grand Prairie…but I could never live in Waco.

1 Like

The Texans start winning playoff games consistently, make it to a Super Bowl and keep beating the Cowboys we will start meaning plenty to the boys’ fans

2 Likes