SMU about to lose top assistant

Isn’t FW a suburb of Dallas? :grin::grin:

Just kidding. I tell FW relatives that all the time. All in fun of course.

Go Coogs!!

1 Like

And, they are nice to you for one reason only: you are a relative!

1 Like

Keep? 2 wins 16 years apart doesn’t really move the needle. The teams only play every 4 years and the Cowboys have the series lead at 3-2. Although I will admit the loss in 2002 was an embarrassing loss for the Cowboys.

Beat them the last time and been better than them more times than not recently

1 Like

Texans got a “Bill Obrien Problem”. They must solve that one quick or every Texans player on that roster will never taste of the Superbowl. Losers will be losers.

1 Like

They also have a Cal Mc Nair problem.

Personally, I hope they keep both.

1 Like

It may be more “You” that has the BOB problem.

1 Like

You can say that, which is true. Now, not winning after X amount of years, I would think there are more. After blowing a 24 - 0 lead to the eventual Champs, even You should have a problem with that. I can’t stand seeing BOB on the sidelines coaching. Yes, I won’t watch the Texans because of his horrible dictatorship!!!

All good Derrick. I bring it up bc i know how much you despise the man. I’m not in the Hate business so although he’s not my fav Coach I think he’s done decent by consistently putting the Texans in the playoffs. I would say almost certainly more than the Cowpokes have been over say last 6 yrs or so. His personality rubs people the wrong way, n i definitely understand why! I actually thk if this season gets played it may be 2nd best Texans team in their less than 20 yr history. Myself, I just choose to root for the Team—HOUSTON n not worry abt the rest. Most of you have lived in other places or actually now live in other lg Metro areas n become affiliated more w those teams, that’s great . But myself since growing up in The H and from being a College Grad in ‘83’, I lived in The Woodlands or Cypress so I’m all Houston when comes to Stros, Rockets, Texans and Yes I watch and follow all 3 very very closely. Here’s to #HTownSports

2 Likes

Yes, true. I wish LA would have been given the " Texans Franchise" and we had another “NFL” team. Though the McNairs appear to be great people, Cal seem like he really does not care about winning, like our City craves.

Born and Raised in Houston. After marriage wife and I left for Central Texas then Grand Prarire, before returning to my home City of Houston. I grew up Oilers Astros Rockets and Coogs. Yes I was really hurt behind losing the Oilers…and while I was still at UH as a senior, we received the Texans, which I didn’t like the logo from the unveiling…but I still tried to give them a chance. I, like you, don’t like that northeastern attitude he brings to Houston, his coaching, the things he said about Case Keenum, etc. I wish Mr McNair would have hired Bill Cower as coach in the beginning or at least after Gary Kubiak.

2 Likes

I get the impression that Cal’s elevator doesn’t go to the top floor !!

1 Like

20+ yrs later Houston still wouldn’t have a Team more than likely if LA had been awarded the new Franchise. They will be more than likely be Favored again to win their Division. Not sure where you get notion that he doesn’t want to Win. All teams have Salary caps and have to do their best to work around that and put together best team possible. They have gained in trade or signed a starting RB and 2 very good receivers with lost of Hopkins who wanted more money and would have put team in tough position. #It’sNotThatEasy

1 Like

Dude, Bill don’t care about winning. His blunder of coaching says it all. He has let the wrong people go, kept some that he should have let go, let’s not forget that Watson became “the QB” after the one this “QB Guru” anointed to be his starting QB got hurt. The guy is a self proclaimed QB Guru (Tom Brady made O’Brien, not the opposite.) I am sick and tired of his lame excuses. Shoot, at least Bud Adams knew when to cut the bait…even though I couldn’t stand his ownership, I still could see he wanted the Oilers to win. Texans promote Bill and gave him unlimited authority within the organization, and the guy is horrible at both: General Managing and Coaching. Let’s not go back to that 24 - 0 coaching choke job last year, and the year before that, and the year before that…and so on…pitiful. No I am not impressed with winning the division three or four years in a row.

First of all Mr Kately where in double toothpicks do you see where my Name is DUDE!! It’s a word I despise so if it’s ok keep from calling me that. Next, I pretty much didn’t much thought to anything after you said “Bill doesn’t care about winning”… Really! I can’t believe I’m even here defending him bc I’m not even that fond of him as Coach but I don’t hate him as Coach as you n many others on here do. So some how they keep winning the Division ( which is why he still around) inspite of him not really caring about winning. You can Hate the Coach but that comment not gonna fly. And how do you know who he has let go when you said on here many many times that you don’t follow the Texans and don’t care abt Texans bc of their Coach. Name me 3 players say in last 3-5 yrs who have gone on to do great for another Team who the Texans got little or nothing for. Free Agents don’t count as they go willing wherever they want…ala TB to Tampa Bay himself. #NotADude

1 Like

make your last comment and we can be done. You were one of ones I had respect on here for how you posted but that ‘Dude’ word got me ! Out!!

Okay, Mr Jess22 (Hope that works and not offend you)… Free Agents do count, as he basically “chased them off”…not that they just “left on their own”…you know the guys I am talking about. And Mr Keenum himself said enough in his book. If he wanted to win, you would see a better effort on his part to do better or maybe he is just a bad coach, period. The guy chase people off, I have seen alot of that.

I apologize for the dude name, Mr Jess22.

3 Likes

I need names on who he chased off. It’s not going to change your opinion of him as Coach , nor should it. But trying to balance the NFL Salary cap is like no other Sport…tough! Just can’t pay everyone at top salary of their respective positions, just not possible. Case K is not good example. As great as Coog as he was he has been mediocre QB in NFL at best. Doesn’t mean he’s not been serviceable bc he has been and has made more $$ then he ever thought he would in NFL. He’s a good backup QB to have that can go 2-2 in 4 gms when the Starting QB is injured for 4 weeks. Lot of Teams wouldn’t mind having that, that’s the best compliment I can give him, sometimes you have to take the #GoCoogs Hat off as hard as it is to do. #GoCoogs

Not true, that is opinion. He has been more than what Obrien gave him credit for. Still there.

1 Like