SMU, SMU

Screw SMU, I hope we take them down.

3 Likes

They got a legit QB and legit coach

2 Likes

So do we

1 Like

Probation likely won’t be an issue unless they beat UT.

5 Likes

Makes $en$e

Larry Brown and Craig Jame$ gave them $ome good $ugge$$tions$.

2 Likes

They have Blake Brockermeyer as an assistant coach. He was an all American at Texas and played in nfl. He has 2 sons that are twins. 1 is a 5 star offensive lineman #3 player in the country. Other one is James who is a 4 star offensive lineman. So it’ll be interesting if they go to Alabama or Texas or smu. Like the Jeffcoat situation for UH.

1 Like

A big reason is they have 14 senior starters
that kind of experience means you SHOULD be very good
Thats the kind of experience CDH wants to develop for us, in future

10 Likes

As much as I detest SMU, having more teams ranked helps the conference. A rising tide lifts all boats.

8 Likes

“But as anyone around the SMU program, including Jordan, will readily admit, the transfer portal is great for SMU. With a roster featuring 31 transfers, many highly rated players coming out of high school, the pull of returning home has given the Mustangs a niche in roster construction.”

5 Likes

Our conference is just as good as any other p5.

And just which conference is that?

The only one who would even consider SMU in addition to UH is the ACC and that is still extremely unlikely.

The XII isn’t adding 2 Texas teams.

The recent additions to the BIG/SEC/PAC:

• Utah

• Colorado

• Arkansas

• South Carolina

• Penn State

• Texas A&M

• Missouri

• Maryland

• Nebraska

• Rutgers

I can buy adding UH to that group (I’m slightly biased lol) but SMU is nothing like any school added to the PAC/SEC/BIG.

Each one of those schools is the state flagship university of their respective state. None have a religious affiliation.

1 Like

That’s what most AAC members believe but not what posters, the networks, CFP committee or P5 members believe, all of whom controls all G5 members faith.

This year and 2016 would have been great years for UH to test the system by going undefeated. Other than that, UCF came the the closest but they kept them out.

We always tell ourselves it doesn’t matter what others think of us as long as we know we are good but in this case it matters a lot what others think of us.

Of course they think we are the best G5 that is why we are getting the most money than the rest but as a P6, they are not buying that no matter how many P5s we beat.

IIRC the AAC is 6-12 against the P5 this year

I don’t think any of the conferences want to add religious institutions. Notre Dame would be the only exception and they are not available. Baylor only got in the B12 because of politics.

Correct me if I am wrong but other than Baylor and Notre Dame, I don’t think there are any religious institutions in the P5.

So that would be a steep hill for SMU to climb.

Technically TCU/USC/Duke were all at least religiously affiliated at some point.

That is the problem with the PAC 12 (the only P5 we have a shot at imo). We might be “addable” to them, but there aren’t 3 other schools that are worth it to them (a Pac 14 doesn’t work). Schools like BYU look nice on paper, but religion/sunday play prevents their addition.

Wake Forest was founded by Baptist and has a school of divinity.
Boston College is Catholic/Jesuit.

Both are P5 schools.

1 Like

31 transfers? How do they have enough scholarships for all those transfers and a freshman class?

ACC has a total of 6 P5 wins. Have beaten UCLA, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Ole Miss and TCU.

The MW has a total of 8 P5 wins. They have beaten Arkansas, UCLA, Arizona, Purdue, Missouri, Florida St., Oregon St. and Colorado.

7 MW teams have a win against a P5 this season while 5 AAC teams have P5 wins.

Hawaii has won 2 P5 games and Temple has won 2.

Sonny Dykes is a good head coach with a roster of 24 seniors with 13 third year lettermen and 29 juniors with 7 second year lettermen, so Dykes has a roster of proven experience. I thought it was a stretch for him to leave the region for California because his recruiting base was Texas and Louisiana, but he’s back home and prospering. I would expect SMU to be good next season as well, and if so, maybe Arkansas will drink from SMU head coaching well one more time as they may dump Chad Morris within the next year or two.

2 Likes