SMU, SMU

It would be sweet if they’re undefeated when they come to the cage. No matter how much talent or good UH is, we’re always tough at the cage.

2 Likes

He might be waiting for the Tech job to open. That would be a better fit

Ummm, it was open, and it wasn’t a fit, apparently.

1 Like

I think the ACC could really consider adding SMU and UH if both schools have strong BB and FB programs.

We could really help bring in 2 major markets for their new network. Something ESPN might push for.

Their profile on USNews states they are nonsectarian despite school name.

1 Like

As another poster said, going to California was a stretch for him and he struggled there. He is proving what he can do in Texas now at SMU. If the new Tech coach continues to struggle they may take another look at Dykes.

The only way he goes to Tech is if the current AD leaves.

Arkansas is a better job, tho

Dykes wants the Tech job. Always has.

Timing hasn’t been right for him. It opened up a few years ago, but he had just taken the Cal job and didn’t want to leave. Opened up last season, but he hadn’t done enough at SMU for the Tech brass to want him. My guess is he stays at SMU until that job opens up (or Baylor or TCU).

2 Likes

The ACC isn’t going to go past 16 and one of those spots belongs to Notre Dame.

Kind of like why the BIG sat at 11 for almost 20 years.

I think that Houston would be a great fit in the ACC, but I still don’t think its likely. Def. not in addition to SMU. The ACC may want into Texas but i doubt it even comes close to earning them an additional $70 plus million a year.

1 Like

SMU 6-0?
Are we in a twilight zone?

2 Likes

They just won a game and fell out of the top 25. Lolololol.

I hate SMU.

Remember when the stench of that university rotted the SWC?

Daddy, please make the evil man with the horsie on his head go away!

1 Like

SMU seems to have a back-loaded schedule…sort of like ours last season. TCU looked like a good win, but they just got rolled by Iowa State so I’m not sure how good the Frogs are this season.

Next 3 games will show if they are for real or not…Temple, @Houston, @Memphis. Win 2 out of 3 of those and that matchup against Tulane at the end of the year will probably decide the division.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Wow, Ponies came back and won that game? I switched it off for the Astros thinking Tulsa would win. Amazing

2 Likes

The fact that they were down big to Tulsa should be evident of who they are. Pretenders for sure.

3 Likes

Maybe they are pretenders or maybe it was great coaching that made adjustments at halftime and gave the players a really good pep speech to not give up.

1 Like

He has had more time to put his style and culture in place is the biggest difference. So I guess we should look at this thread again in a year for a better perspective.

1 Like

It can be both.

1 Like

It was coaching.

Bad coaching by Tulsa.

6 Likes

Well Tulsa also needs to get better kickers. They were awful.

4 Likes