So how good is Tulane?

They’ll be without their top RB. Looks really bad from reading their boards.

https://gotula.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11977

2 Likes

I think Tulane gets up to play us. Sorta a rivalry we need to address but it makes sense since they are close in geography.

1 Like

I hate to see that, especially being the parent of a player. Praying it’s not season ending for him.

8 Likes

I saw him clutch his knee on TV and didn’t even want to put it out there as to not speak it into existence. Hopefully he can rehab well and he makes a full recovery. From experience knees can be tricky.

1 Like

I don’t have an ACL in my left knee or an MCL in my right knee. When that happened I didn’t stop what I was doing and didn’t go to sick bay for a couple of days. I was looked at and fold I would be sent to the hospital for full evaluation when we got back to Norfolk. Long story short, I never had anything done until I was in my 40s and then I only had the trash removed because the fix would take 2 years of daily rehab and at that age I didn’t see the point. That was when I found out the MCL and ACLs had been severed and subsequently dissolved over the years.

However, I have been very active all these years, at least up intent mid to late 60s. But there are things I learned I could no longer do and just stopped. All of this is leading up to me thinking that however bad the knee injury, with today’s medical advances, these young men can be repaired and resume their playing. But, it’s the rehab that is the hard part.

4 Likes

Somehow Tulane will give us a good game, you just know it. I do believe if our defense plays a solid game we’ll have enough to come out on top. If we let Tulane’s offense get any confidence and rhythm, though, then it’s a dogfight. I have great hopes for our offense, and expect us to move the ball well, but we have to make the most of our chances in the red zone.

2 Likes

Tulane and Tulsa both give us their best games every year. But, if we play to our ability, we should win this game handily. But it won’t be a cake walk.

2 Likes

It should be a cake walk if we’ve improved as much as everyone is saying we have. If it’s close I’m going to take it as an L. They have everything to be successful this time around.

If it’s close I will take it as first game rust.

3 Likes

After this late a start, I’ll be content with a win.

9 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about Tulane? I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of them went out to celebrate after their big win over Southern Miss.
:angry:

At this point, I’ll be happy if we just have a dang game.

7 Likes

We will get their absolute best game. They will show up wanting to embarrass us at home and beat us for the 2nd year in a row. This game is not a layup.

3 Likes

There will be a Bill Yeoman tribute before the game so get in your seats early.

1 Like

Too bad it is a Yeoman tribute with 10,000 fans…

1 Like

I assume TV will give some coverage of the tribute.

Not unless they do on tape – ceremony is before ESPN starts broadcast at 6:30.

Yeah, not live but i bet we get a taste and more than just mention

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/1313936375507546120

It just might happen tomorrow!!

3 Likes

I am glad they are flying. Faster return for them

3 Likes