Spring game for OOTCs

King has a good deep ball, better than Wards I think. But he does miss on the easier throws sometimes.

1 Like

It’s much better than Ward. Another beautiful one to Corbin for 54 yards

2 Likes

Offense looks great

1 Like

How’s the defense looking so far?

Alot of recruits maybe like a few thousand fans. Not as big as last year’s but not bad atleast not to me

Defense having some problems with pressure. They’re getting beat on passing game. I can’t find Anderson what number is he?

Chambers looks good

1 vs 2, defense hold the 2nd string to no points

chambers has a few sacks
johnson looking like cb1
every other db looks suspect

Smith is off. Tune and him will have a battle for #2 qb spot

it will depend on how much they value qb running
if running has any value it will be bryson
tune a better passer, but bryson a better runner
note in a tap tackle for qb his strength isnt on display

Will Noble isn’t playing. Hope he’s not injured. Kam Eloph running w/ the 1’s at center. Cole Milller w/ the 2’s. Both are snapping the ball high a lot.

Chambers is LEGIT!!!

Agree Smith and Tune will have to battle out #2, advantage Smith.

King’s deep ball has been solid.

The defense looks ok, there are a lot of starters that are obviously not out there.

A LOT of bad snaps, need to get that nipped in the bud NOW.

1 Like

liked a lot of what i saw
second unit dbs are suspect
1st unit makes play but inconsistent 
beyond that i liked every position group

overall a great spring game

3 Likes

The bad snaps worried me as well. Some pretty good hands at QB or it would have been multiple disasters.

1 Like

It’s difficult to analyze a spring game with all the mixing and matching going on on both sides of the ball. I like our wide receivers though; Courtney Lark, Keith Corbin and Terry Mark will see a lot of man coverage. Marquez Stevenson didn’t see much playing time today, though he was the punt returner (special teams weren’t live).

2 Likes

Agree.

Overall very impressive.

The offense is coming along nicely, I feel like there are some hidden gems in there. Really missed seeing those wide splits with the O-Line, I think this change in scheme is going to allow a lot of players to excel.

The defense played vanilla all day but you can tell that the 1st unit is going to be sick.

God willing everyone stays healthy, this is going to be a special season.

1 Like

The coaches didn’t show a lot, for obvious reasons. I also didn’t see the OL splits, but Ted Pardee did mention them being around 3 yards apart as opposed to the normal 2. It’s difficult to tell from the sideline camera in the pressbox. I liked the OL play overall. Lots of pulls by the guards showing their athleticism.

1 Like

I’m not a football guru so pardon the question.

I understand that we need the wider OL splits (3 yards) to be able to spread the field with four wideouts sideline to sideline.

Will those wider splits cause protection problems or am I overthinking this?

1 Like

The wider splits actually help the OL because it spreads out the DL. The edge is farther from the QB and the OLmen can see any potential inside blitzes (or stunts) since the DLmen have to declare which gaps are their responsiblity. It also makes the pocket wider for the QB to step into on the deep posts.

2 Likes

Many thanks! Excellent strategy.

Our OL needs to be pretty athletic for this to work.

Football is certainly a game of chess, not checkers.

1 Like