Still no US flag flying at TDECU :/

Then perhaps we should start a movement.

1 Like

I’m all in!

Moderators:
Please move this to the Politics board.

1 Like

Oh geeze, now people are talking about kneeling. No one cares about any of your stupid opinions on that and don’t turn the thread into something it’s not.

My problem was the original poster completely misrepresented the situation and other fell into place without even knowing the facts. If you want a flag in the stadium then fine, say that.

My post was stating that a flag needs to be installed in the stadium. I just added some symbolic reasons why it is important that the flag should be installed. My intent was to get others that feel like I do to contact the administration as well. By the way, I have contacted the AD about this in previous seasons. This time I tried Twitter.

1 Like

Man. You need to take a breath. While I do agree that we need a flag inside the stadium, I did not say a darn thing about kneeling. One of the biggest problems with the world today is that people get overwrought because somebody has an opinion that they do not agree with. Some want a flag and others don’t think it necessary. So what?!?!?

This has nothing to do with politics. Politicians & others make it an issue. The flag will be there long after you and I. You either love this country or you don’t. Is it perfect? No. There is not one country in the world that is perfect. We sure are better than anywhere else that’s a given & that is why so many want to come here. I come from Europe. I can tell you a great deal how Europe is messed up. Are you & I perfect? No.

The seemingky popular disrespect for our Countdy from the left of persons not standing for our flag, anthem, really pisses me off. What has changed since I joined military right after 911? I spent 12 years both in uniform and as civillian contractor for Department of Defense. I love my Country!!

Why is it suddenly ok, even popular to disrespect our flag?

It really pisses me off!

2 Likes

Yes it was meant to those who tried to steer it in that direction. Wasn’t a direct reply to you.

Sigh
un needed outrage and conflation of issues.

I vote to lock the thread.

2 Likes

Lock it or move it, please! Discussion of nationalism, flag etiquette, etc. has nothing to do with football.

2 Likes

Cowboys Stadium didn’t have one for the 1st year. They hung a tiny one where you can barely see it after two high school teams showed up with no flag for the national anthem. Legend has it, that is how ISIS started. Thanks a lot Jerry Jones.

2 Likes

Kind of sad we can’t discuss it even amongst cougar brethren without some folks over reacting. Go Coogs! Go American flag!

I find it interesting that ANY OPINION will be challenged. Some nit will be picked and an argument will ensue . . . . . JMHO and awaiting the argument . . . . .

Very true but as you pointed out I will have to disagree!

Thread got way political. Keep politics off this board please.

2 Likes