Sumlin gone from aTm

10-year commitment is a looooong time in college football. Pretty big gamble on Jimbo.

3 Likes

A decent argument can be made that maybe Jimbo’s best seasons could be behind him

3 Likes

I told some Aggies this morning:

you have to hope the 3-year stretch of 23-1 in the ACC is the Jimbo you will see and not the other 5 years of 25-16 (or 22-11 if you throw out this year)

1 Like

Aggies are doing what Aggies always do make the same mistake over and over. Sumlin was nothing without Case.Jimbo has been nothing without Winston.

Same mistake.

3 Likes

Could be wrong, but FSU had recruiting advantage over rest of ACC before Clemson came on the last few years. A&M has no similar advantage over SEC so it will come down to coaching. Once Clemson came on for the ACC, FSU has lost its shine.

Assuming there was any interest, I would have put my chips on Chip Kelley (no pun intended). Would have possibly been cheaper and he can recruit incredible players for his offense in Texas. I would also looked into Mulzahn if he did want to move on.

1 Like

Yeah, Fisher’s job was basically just to keep the car running a while after Bowden left. He was set up to succeed in a relatively weak ACC, and I’m not certain he’ll be able to sustain that in an SEC where he has to outrecruit Nick Saban and Gus Malzahn.

Ol’ Jamesbo being at Collieville seems like a pretty great fit aesthetically, though. And it should make for pretty interesting recruiting competition between him and Herman.

2 Likes

And Herman can tell recruits he out-coached Jimbo in the Peach Bowl.

1 Like

Absolutely spot on. I think this guy will perform no better than scumlin.

Can somebody tell me how the SEC is so much superior to the ACC the last few years? The entire SEC East has been weak for a while. The SEC West has been below usual par the last few seasons. Admit it, Auburn was a surprise.

Jimbo is plenty good to coach at aTm, but who knows if the money crowd will get out of his way?

Sumlin will hold out for the UH job after next season. Would we take him back? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gaggies will continue to be what they have always been. Doing less with more for decades. It won’t change.

4 Likes

Agree with TEXREG. I also read Gaggies are on the hook for Sumlin buyout even if he gets another coaching position. So in 2018 Gaggies will be paying almost $18 million not counting buyouts of Sumlin coaches Jimbo does not keep. Some deep pockets it farmerville.

And they’re doing a fabulous job of managing expectations!!! (NOT!)
All the fans (and the chair of the BOR) are saying “we expect a natl champ now”

1 Like

First decommitment:

Leon O’Neal Jr 9️⃣‏Verified account
@WakeEmUp9
Follow Follow @WakeEmUp9
More
This was tough :sleepy:

3:00 PM - 1 Dec 2017

2 Likes

And he is a heck of a recruit if you watch his video.

Can we put up some kind of dead pool on how long it will take after Sumlin takes his next job that he says something bad about A&M.

1 Like

Not a chance! :rage:

1 Like

This is not funny.

The Aggies have shown once again their contempt for ethics by raiding the students and
taking away thier instructor before the season ends.

I would. We already know he can succeed here. If Louisville can take Petrino back, I don’t think we should suddenly act like we’re somehow too good for Sumlin.