Sumlin gone from aTm

Although we could bring back Jenkins, Helton, or Dimel under the Alvin Brooks Rule.

Fisher will stay at FSU based on a stronger tradition/ program and more importantly, family reasons. Unfortunately, his son has Fanconi Anemia, a very serious condition (life expectancy of approximately 30 years). Additionally, he and his wife were divorced about eighteen months ago with shared custody. For him to spend a significant amount of time with his son, he will have to remain in Tallahassee or nearby. It was a fairly nasty divorce so I don’t envision his wife accommodating him.

If he does take the A&M job one really has to question his priorities.

1 Like

If you have so much money you don’t know what to do with it–create endowed professorships
at UH. John Moores did and it mattered a lot.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen from some Aggie fans, Fisher’s son’s doctor is in Houston and a wealthy booster has offered to pay the medical costs for his son as well as possibly fund an experimental surgery for him. Looks like that may be the big reason behind Fisher going to College Station.

Schiano is still available for ATM.

That’s disgusting. ATM is trying to profit off an injury/illness?

Probably right, he’s probably smarter than any of them by taking his money and doing whatever he wants.

I would take Jugular John Bach as the OC immediately!!

No one runs the Run and Shoot anymore. No one at the D1 level.

Pure Run N Shoot you’d be right. But if Jenkins can’t evolve a take on the offense then that’d be there very definition of the game passing a Coach by wouldn’t it?

That just means it’s primed for a comeback. Remember, nobody ran it back in 1987, either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

per USAToday’s Dan Wolken - https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/935759819486703616 - FSU is already vetting Willie Taggart - to me, that means they know he’s gone after saturday’s “Buy a Bowl Eligibility Game”

Fanconi’s anemia is an absolutely horrific disease. Have had a couple of patients with this and it is very depressing. One had larynx cancer that we treated via laryngectomy at the age of 30. Within a couple months he developed esophageal cancer, couple more months he recurred in his upper neck, and shortly after his 31st birthday he passed away. His sister had it as well and died at the age of 22 from esophageal cancer. Absolutely horrible disease, we are all truly fortunate.

Man, Aggies like to hire guys that screw over their previous programs on the way out:

https://twitter.com/JPPetersonSprts/status/936257348909363200

1 Like

Why do teams rush to make the hire? What do they gain by making the hire so quickly?

Recruiting. The new early signing date is only going to make this worse as schools are going to want coaches in place well before Dec 20th to try and get a decent class together.

4 Likes

Nothing stays quiet in a small town like this.

1 Like

When fans start tracking planes, things have gotten serious. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Here’s where I think aggy has it assbackward (there’s a joke there but I’m not going to touch it).

You pay gazillions after you get what you want.
Paying gazillions (guaranteed!!!) on the come is stupid.

They feel entitled to a natty just because they paid Sumlin gazzilions. So, what do they do? Go out and pay gazillions to a coach that went 5-6 in an inferior conference while still paying gazillions to their former coach just because the new coach won a natty more than a decade ago. Some aggy jokes can’t be made up.

1 Like