Sumlin

Sumlin could have been the head coach that started it all. He could have become a Houston legend. Now he is just a gypsy looking for the next town he can sell his goods. Sad…

7 Likes

He doesn’t have to sell anything. He set.

Yep him or Herman could have built a dynasty here in Houston but they both wanted the P5 shot at a Natty

4 Likes

He set what? He made some cash. Good for him… He has no skins.

His average annual pay from 2012 through at least 2020 will be over $3 million. Put him in the record books as the richest gypsy in the world. I don’t like his personality but I’m in no position to say he makes poor decisions.

It is what it is. He has money and no one will remember him. No statues will be built.

2 Likes

He continues to be the most overrated head coach in college football. He’s made his $$$ off of other coaches recruits. Good for him, I guess. Looks like they’re in for a long season in Tucson!

4 Likes

He has won ~66% of his games as HC. He never should have been the highest paid coach in college football but that’s not his fault. He’s a good but not great coach that’s done very well for himself financially.

Sumlin definitely made some pretty good decisions in his life, dude is freakin rich now. Sure he left us in a somewhat shitty way, but it was also somewhat shitty for us to fire Levine. I’m glad we beat him, but I hope Arizona wins the PAC12 this year.

1 Like

Me- Hey Sumlin you cost us a sugar bowl!
Sumlin- I’m glad you got that off your chest!

It did feel good. But that was more reaction I got from him than getting the arrogant sob autograph at the team meet and greet twice.

6 Likes

Suggests maybe he’s been humbled a bit. If so, that makes it much easier for me to forgive him.

2 Likes

Did he say that to you? If so it is impressive that you managed to squeeze it out.
It also might me he is now aware that he made a mistake.

2 Likes

You and I were thinking the same thing.

Art Briles was going to be that guy, too. But he left for money also. And he is an alumnus.

3 Likes

Yep, as he was going to the locker room after pregame warm up.

Either Sumlin or Herman could have done here what Patterson has done at TCU. UH gives a coach an opportunity to recruit, a good shot at the non-p5 new years day bowl birth, a sane environment, a seven-figure salary, and an eventual spot in a p5 conference.

3 Likes

“Kevin Sumlin’s debut season at Arizona has immediately become the stuff of nightmares.” -Pete Thamel

2 Likes

Herman and Sumlin are both missing something–moral character.

4 Likes

Clearly he has a good agent !!

1 Like

Art Briles may be missing even more.