Targeting?

Was that play in the 2nd half targeting? The WSU player launched and made contacted to the head and neck area and they reviewed it but said no but then called a crap call on our line for roughing the passer. IMO you have to call both of you want to ‘’ protect the qb’’

6 Likes

I think it was right on the border of being called targeting.

But the ridiculous roughing the passer penalty that we got on the next series was truly pathetic.

5 Likes

Watched the replay. The announcers sure thought it was targeting. They were very surprised it was not called targeting.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I had to stay home last night and watch on TV. The announcers were confused many times about calls and no calls. The refs were consistent. They sucked for both teams.

11 Likes

From a Wazzu fan, agree 100%. The officiating was bad both ways.

1 Like

Th review went exactly as I figured. What was an blatant roughing the qb was not called and cannot be reviewed. Targetting was the only reviewable offense and it was borderline.
We had screwed by the officials to that point so sure wasn’t looking for any favors on them taking free shots at our qb.
Then of of course we get called for an easy push down on a borderline play on their qb the next possession.

1 Like

I thought that the guys last week were bad but what conference were these refs from. As a whole this was the worst crew I have ever seen. I lost count of how many UH receivers were being held or hit befor the pass got to them with no penalties called.

3 Likes

And why would you overturn the reception by Corbin the play before that without being positive that he was out of bounds!!! Dude at least drug his toe and probably had his knee down in bounds…

3 Likes

He didn’t control the ball thru the catch apparently. He dropped it when he hit the grown if that’s the catch I’m
Thinking of

1 Like

That was a catch. When they overturned they i was very upset.

Were they PAC-12 refs?

Yes I believe so.

Yep you guys got to see what we deal with every week. Pac 12 officiating is just a goat rodeo makes you want to pull your hair out

8 Likes

Our AAC refs are about the same. Hot garbage.

4 Likes

We can blame the refs. Sure we can but what about espn?
So espn is promoting this game for a Friday night prime time event and…
You do not bring enough cameras???
This happened in at least four calls. The refs did not have enough camera angles to make proper review judgments. This is on espn. Fans, viewers deserve better. When you compare it to an sec game you can clearly see that all angles are covered. This was far from it last evening.

2 Likes

8 Likes

This is a great example. The opposite angle would have told the entire “story” There were not enough cameras.

1 Like

Haven’t watched the replay but did King get a first down on the first drive of the second half? He dove for the 45 but they ruled him a half yard short. I thought it was a terrible spot and if we can take the initial drive down for a TD to make it 21-7 it changes the whole complexion of the game.

Anyway, We fumbled on the next play. I knew the refs were out of their league when they were REALLY concerned as to which team recovered the ball even though it was a fourth down and the ball was recovered short of the first down (it doesn’t matter who recovers it, it’s WSU ball)!

3 Likes

It was a good spot. When his knee touched down, the ball was short of the yard to gain.

3 Likes

Was very disappointed with the spot and equally disappointed on how we managed the 4th down play. Seemed like a lot of confusion and hurry up when not needed. That play really took the air out of our fans…noticeably less energy in the stands after that.