Tech Predictions?

49-35 Coogs.

I know you all have been waiting for my deeply thought through prediction.

In the interest of delivering maximum precision I will give my prediction after the game.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Coogs 63 - TT 17

2 Likes

45-24 Coogs

1 Like

Only one more day.

dailcoog is the winner . . . if nobody scores.

4 Likes

That was in a neutral field in a cozy indoor stadium. This Saturday it’s going to be played at Tech with open stadium and fans behind them. If UH takes care of business this weekend, it can be a special year for UH.

I agree that starters will play more than vs AZ. Not sure about the blowout. Tech only scored 27 vs Miss who gave up 38 in first half to Southern Ill. Miss was probably asleep first half as they only gave up 3 in 2nd half. Plus, Bowman is a better QB now than vs Miss.

I’m happy with any win but if we can hold them under 30, I’ll be very happy.

1 Like

This isn’t applewhites offense anymore so last year’s score won’t be the same as this year. Good guys win by a good margin.

We’ve played two bad teams. I don’t feel comfortable predicting anything in their place.

1 Like

Rice is bad and I like to believe Arizona is mediocre. Texas Tech is an ok team. Their starting qb got injured against Ole Miss, thus it would have been a close game.

1 Like

Not sure I agree with this. Could be true, but he got hurt so early I don’t think we’ll ever know. I do think Tech is a better team than Arizona though.

Our Cincy friend:

Houston (2-0) at Texas Tech (1-1)

After Houston beats Texas Tech by about 100 on Saturday, the Big 12 will be calling up the AAC looking to make a trade. The Big 12 will have to throw in Iowa State to make it worth the AAC’s while to take on Texas Tech.

Final Score: Houston- About 100 Texas Tech- 0

5 Likes

51-24 Coogs.

Exactly. Ole Miss has talent but they are pretty bad at stopping the run and running the football. I’m still watching some of the game, on and off at work, but Tech neutered it’s offense by refusing to run the ball. They are going to score some points because of CMD’s scheme but I don’t think they get to 41. If they get to 41 we’re going to be in a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Who have they played…please don’t tell me Ole Miss will win SEC…

What concerns me is protecting the football. Especially in a hostile environment like Lubbock. Coach Gibbs always had good takeaway defenses at UH, and it’s no different there. They had five against us last year, (granted that was with Kyle Allen and Duke Catalon, both of which we don’t have this season).

3 Likes

Agreed. I think the turnover battle is going to be key. I give us a nod to win that because King has shown(up to this game) that he can take care of the ball. And I know that their starting QB (Carter) hasn’t been ruled out to play, but anyone who actually suffered a high ankle sprain knows that you’re not going to go play football on it in a week or so. If he does, and isn’t 100% he could be out of sorts with his delivery; this could equal turnover possibilities. That brings me to the next point. Bowman will end up starting; though he wasn’t bad against Ole Miss, he’s still a freshman and bound to make some mistakes in this one. I give us the slight edge in the turnover battle.

I think they will rack up the yards but won’t put up more than 28 points with CMD allowing them yards between the 20’s. Assuming the Briles’ offense will continue to be effective, CMD only has to keep the other team in the 20 to 30 point range to win. Let’s hope for another impressive UH showing on National TV.

3 Likes

I can see this as well. I gave it an even 30 to round things up.

2 Likes

I seriously cannot wait for this game. Given the weather is going to be great and heat exhaustion won’t be as big of a risk as it was last week, this is our opportunity to go pedal to the metal the whole game and show the nation what this team can really do. I predicted we put up 55 on them, but I really hope we eclipse 60 and King gets catapulted into the Heisman race even without Big Ed’s endorsement.

4 Likes