Texas A&M Alum Here

Kyle Allen looked pretty good in my opinion. A little rust, but he still has a killer arm.

2 Likes

One of my favorite KS stories is when any UH coach comes to UH they are going to be at the Rodeo tent for the university. As most know there are plenty of drink there to be had. Kevin was not shy about going to the bar and lets just say he had ample amounts of oats soda that night. He even left the cans at his table for all to see. A buddy of mine was the photographer for that event and took a couple of pics of Kevin and his buffet of beverages. In which Kevin told him to delete those pics immediately. He was even combative about it when telling my buddy to delete them. I knew then and there what a gem we had in KS.

4 Likes

Perhaps the Neighbors did it! They WOULD know exactly where he live and when he is HOME.

I hate that you fellas are turning me into a Sumlin apologist. Sounds like Sumlin made some unwise decisions, and like your friend was in punk mode.

Sumlin’s wife posted this update:
https://twitter.com/courshel/status/906988595696820224

Interesting to look at the letter a little closer with her update. Was the “or else” added by someone other than who penned the original racist note? Or was it added later? I am no handwriting expert but:

1. there are three statements with exclamation marks for each statement
  2. after each exclamation mark, the next statement is started on the next line;

so wouldn’t you expect the “or else” be on a separate line and followed by an exclamation mark? “Or else!”

And look at the apparent control used to write “or else” while the other lines are a bit ragged and not as smooth as the almost perfect “or else” penmanship. They do not appear to have been written at the same time. But who added it? When? Why?

Whoever sent the letter might be starting to get worried a little unless they are a postal expert and are calling her bluff that they can trace it. It would seem that they could only trace it to a processing station so maybe this is just to smoke someone out to confess?

Maybe this will lead to an ESPN OTL special some day.

1 Like

She hit a dead end because it didn’t fit the criteria for the law
 but she later says that she couldn’t say she wanted to prosecute to the full extent of the law fast enough when they asked. It can’t be both ways. This sounds more and more fishy.

1 Like

Letter was a deflection tactic
to divert attention from the fact that he ain’t good at his job !!

1 Like

Truth. Looks like a case of blame diffusion, and could also be an effort to gain some sympathy.

1 Like

Oh, I still think some ignorant person sent the letter to them out of frustration (and alcohol?) or someone that hates A&M with a passion and wanted to stir up even more trouble for them. But I still think the “or else” was added after the original note was written – I do not know who did it and the timing of when it was done.

1 Like

HE HAD CASE KEENUM. STAYED FOR KEENUM’S ELIGIBLE TIME.

Sumlin’s time with UH/A&M and the hate mail are obviously two separate issues.

He deserves the criticism he gets IMHO for his coaching and disposition. Sumlin nor anyone deserves such a despicable letter as the one he got.

6 Likes

This is spot on and I believe this is how the vast majority of us feel.

1 Like

Admire your creativity but TU is the gem in the state like Notre Dame and I despise the chicanery they use with UH getting burned every time. I wish they would just be independent like ND and just bathe in self adulation. Texas as a state and football are a study in the morality and ethics that are swept away in all levels. It finally blew up the SWC. The legislature just dumps money into TU on top of its veritable ability to print money. Their arrogance is maddening and humorous but their far reaching power is real as we know all too well. Lamar screwed Sam Houston and moved the state capital from Houston to Austin. The bad blood is primeval between us and “The Lone Death Star”

1 Like

I know they twisted Jim Brown’s nuts in the scrum when they played Syracuse. Said so himself.

Cougar Dave The FBI Hate Crimes Division will guarantee the continued employment of Mr. Sumlin for the full duration of his contract.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

UH doesn’t have the money or the following to be viable as an independent. ND and BYU get away with it because they have HUGE followings in every city in the country. If UH could get long-term games with either or both, say for 10 years, we could fill Reliant easily to standing room crowds. These two teams would be good for SOS purposes as well especially early in the year b/c the media always thinks in July/August that this will be the year for ND and BYU is usually reliably good and sometimes very good, notwithstanding this years early troubles.

Man, you white boys crack me up! I’m no fan of Sumlin. That’s a promise. But you guys always believe the unbelievable when in comes to racism. You try to make the victim of racism the racist. Just admit that this country, that we all love so dearly, is full of sick racist cowards. These cowards often hide behind the keyboard, their pens, or the white house pulpit. Accept it. Denying it does not make it untrue.

This whole thread ought to be deleted. I came here for UH sports, specifically football conversation, not political crap. Yeah, there are racists in this country. They come in all shapes, sizes, and COLORS. Let’s end this stuff and get back to SPORTS!!!

He was talking about UT going independent, not UH. And I think UT is one of about 5 programs in the country that could viably pull that off.

2 Likes