Texas Tech Kickoff Time

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/907273408274157568

2 Likes

I hope we keep this chill weather until then

1 Like

With our luck it will be 98 with 80% humidity.

That just means I’ll be a lot more sober for this one and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

4 Likes

I’m hoping the new local beer/UH beer stands alleviate this problem.

1 Like

Very disappointed.
:sob:

1 Like

No night game??? :sob:

They love getting our ratings on the cheap in that early national spot on ABC.

If it’s on ABC is that the national broadcast or Regional ABC channel

1 Like

Too early for regional mirroring I was told. It will depend on this weekend’s games.

Pardon my ignorance but what’s regional mirroring?

Regional mirroring is when a game is broadcast on ABC in one section of the country and on ESPN/ESPN2 in the rest of the country. The BIG had guaranteed mirroring for certain time slots at one point not too long ago. I’m not sure if they still do.

Other option is NC State at FSU. Unless that game gets cancelled/postponed, I have a feeling we’ll be on ESPN2.

Stay hydrated.

11 a.m. games are b.s. Excuse my crudeness but I put myself in your shoes. Game day is also about tail gating. Someone can explain to me that espn does not have enough channels to broadcast at a decent hour? This is true for any Team. Well nothing for us in Arizona or the West Coast. UCLA vs Memphis or N.Texas vs Iowa. espn3 has the game at 5 EST.
I am asking for someone to PM me and let me know where I can find the game live. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

From what I have been able to put together from various threads and replies. ESPN likes us at 11 am even on espn2 against a decent matchup. It helps ratings in that slot, not as much in later slots.

I’d take being on WatchESPN if it meant a 7pm kickoff. These 11am kickoffs for the sake of TV are getting old.

So espitty does not want us in the small12 but they want us to save their ratings? Speak of irony.
Tonight we have Rex Ryan and a dude lady (I am sure she is a great person) calling the game. Is espnpitty going bankrupt or what?

Texans fans regularly have over 20k people tailgating by 9am for noon games and then stick around for another 3 hours after the game. An 11am kickoff doesn’t mean you have to tailgate less, it just means you aren’t doing it all before the kickoff.

1 Like

I get that Jimmy. This is not only true for Texans fans/tailgate. That is true for all N.F.L. stadiums/Teams. I still believe that this is a chicken garbage time slot. There is a time when saturation will come and people won’t turn up to watch games. Attendance is already down it seems. that is not a good sign.

1 Like