Texas Tech Ticket Count

Cheapest seats on stubhub are now at $45.

1 Like

And $33 on SeatGeek

What was an action plan prior to Harvey was I hope revisited right after? Can someone compare the ticket plan prior to Harvey and after. I sure hope that we are hitting every possible avenue. You can go in many directions. Remember, if you don’t ask you don’t get.
Team up with:
Local High Schools and from the golden triangle area reaching out to Lake Charles
Mattress Mack
JJWatt
I am in a hurry but you could name a ton. The ticket office and marketing needs to work hand in hand. IT BENEFITS US. In case they are not already doing it. We got to ask why. I have said it numerous times. Mr. Fertitta is a business icon. I have no idea if someone or a few from his company work or are helping our ticket office. Just think of the benefit that we would get from it. It is always good to listen to new ideas.

Not ticket count related but please get the word out to leave for the game earlier than normal. Traffic near downtown is going to be a total mess with I-10 closed between I-45 and I-69 both eastbound and westbound. I do not think I-45 southbound from I-10 to U of H via Pierce elevated is a viable option Saturday morning with all I-10 eastbound traffic detoured to I-45 southbound to I-69 northbound. If you normally take I-45 south / Pierce elevated or I-69 south to I-45 south I would recommend to find alternate routes for tomorrow. FYI - Hardy street to Elysian to downtown is not an option as Elysian is a total closure.

Less people is less revenue for concessions, parking, and merchandise sales. More people there at a cheaper ticket price will have the reverse effect. I have always argued that the greatest profit margins come from those concession sales, merchandise, and parking. So reduce the price of the tickets and get butts in the seats. It will be hot as hell, and since there are no water fountains, concessions will be making a killing.

1 Like

The problem could be, they are worried if they lower ticket prices, people that paid the full price won’t buy early again. Better just to let more students get a free ticket so they don’t harm future ticket revenue.

2 Likes

Let’s just let the tickets sell and see who wants them

Could be wosre:

https://www.stubhub.com/missouri-tigers-football-tickets-missouri-vs-auburn-9-23-2017/event/9755963/?sort=price+asc&qqd=1&qtyq=false&qty=2

oof, yeah that’s ugly

To be fair that is a secondary market for tickets. That said, I would have expected Auburn at #15 to be a higher price than what is on there. If you go to the TicketMaster site for the Missouri game, there are several hundred tickets still available around the goal line and end zone sections. Getting throttled by South Carolina and Purdue will dampen the enthusiasm I guess.

Looks like they are giving tickets to the students if they go by the ticket office.

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/911285024439316480

1 Like

Looks like at 2pm they were still giving away student tickets. Someone asked for an update 40 minutes ago and didn’t get a reply. Guessing they closed at 5pm.

1 Like

Totally okay with making money up until last day and then pushing extra capacity to students. The students form the backbone of the alums of tomorrow.

1 Like

Regardless, this was mishandled by the ticket office .

Perhaps the message is clear consumers do not like the price point for those 300 seats.

Agree with you. Better to have people there than not at a a reduced price point.

There will be some missteps this year as they’re trying to get a baseline. Goal is to maximize revenue while maxing out attendance as we’ve got at least 5 years before the next expansion train gets going. Last couple of years have been purely about maximizing attendance for the Big 12.

@shaggylives is right, though, they can’t lower ticket prices this late as it will just teach people to hold out until the end in the future.

https://twitter.com/TheCougarSports/status/911665387615506432

Some really bad ideas and moves made by the ticket department over the last couple of years.

2 Likes

Apart from our loss this was a huge mistake from our ticket office. After Harvey the entire plan had to be revised. Was it? I keep writing the same thing but Mr. Fertitta has to be involved with our ticket sales/promotions/marketing. In case he is already helping my apologies. I seriously doubt that he is.

That has been the case forever. The corner 300 level seats are always the last to sell, if they sell at all. Price is definitely a factor, always has been.

1 Like