Thank You Cam!

Thank you Can Tyson!

Just entered the transfer portal.

9 Likes

Thanks, Cam. I’ll be rooting for you wherever you land.

10 Likes

loved watching him nail all those 3’s this year.

best of luck to you sir!

2 Likes

Sampson was straight with the young man. Indicated it was best for him to transfer. Kid still has three years left.
One thing is since his parents have a Covid fear issue and made him stay home in Seattle area last summer and possibly again this summer it was hard for him
Missing all the work Bishop does with the other players.

Also anyone notice the two players who skipped last summer , Mills and Tyson, are now gone.

7 Likes

Hopefully he finds a spot where he can play big minutes.

7 Likes

I hope he finds the right fit and kills it. He is just buried on the depth chart here.

3 Likes

They’re far from family. It’s harder during a pandemic.

Lamar? I think that would be a great spot for him unless he want to go back home. Thank you Cam!!

1 Like

Good luck to him.

12 Likes

I think Cam can play at a much higher level than Lamar honestly. He just needs to find the right fit that will utilize his strengths and be less concerned about his weaknesses. AJ Abrams at Texas was shorter than Cam, a poor defender, and basically a straight up 3 point shooter and he made two Big 12 all conference teams.

All of our returning guards have different overall strengths and all have some pretty glaring weaknesses too. It’s just that Cam’s weaknesses fit in much less with what CKS has our program doing now and he wasn’t going to change things up to better utilize his incredible shooting.

Best of luck to him. Being part of this program the last two years will probably help him quite a bit in his next stop.

10 Likes

I assume they are saying that because of the Alvin Brooks connection.

3 Likes

I agree that Cam is too good for Lamar. Watch him end up at a P5 school that needs shooting.

2 Likes

Understood. I’m mainly saying that I think Cam more needs to find a different system rather than just dropping down several competitive levels. If Brooks turns Lamar into Houston-lite and emphasizes defense and rebounding like CKS, that seems like the worst scenario where he’d be dropping down several levels (which I don’t think he necessarily needs to do) and still be in a system that’s not a great fit.

1 Like

I think he will probably want to play closer to home. I could see him at a school like Utah St or Wash st if they have a fit.

Danggit! I wanted to see him GO OFF next year…

3 Likes

I was thinking Washington St or Oregon.

He reminds me of Patty Mills. He can go off at anytime and scrapes on the defense of end. Gonna be missed!

1 Like

Gorham is far from home too. And Brodo. And Powell and he’s a freshman.

He came, he saw, he broke a freakin’ record!

5 Likes

Ahhhh I was really wanting him back next year.

2 Likes