The 20 points club

Two players scored over 20 pts this game.

How many of our players will score over 20 pts in a game this year?

I think five.

4 Likes

Mills, Sasser, Grimes, Jarreau, Mark?

1 Like

I have Shead getting one. Dejon doesn’t make my list for a 20 pt game.

2 Likes

Probably catch some flack for this…but if he’s having an unconscious shooting night, I think Tyson has an outside shot at a 20+ point game.

4 Likes

mark, sasser already have one

grimes, mills, jarreau, tyson, gorham

so 7 for me-

jarreau will definitely get 20 atleast at some point this season…he’s had 18 alteast once the last 2 season. his our top rebounder this year , so will get more put back opportunities this years

tyson will get one in a blowout game- hit like 5 second half 3s in a game we are are trying to rest out core guys

gorhman is going to get 20 vs some team with soft post players, and sampon will design tons of plays for him that game (like breaon whenever we played temple)

i dont see shead getting 20 unless there is a game where we have a ton of players not available for whatever reason…his game isnt built to score alot of point in a short period…he can get 20 but will need like 26mins to do so

6 Likes

100pts???

1 Like

I see what you did there!

1 Like

Shead was shooting up three’s like he was Armoni, Corey Or even Sasser.

I love his confidence. Let him see a few of those go down…He’ll get hot! And maybe I’m rushing him a bit and impressed.

He has some fire in him.

Lastly, Dejon has scored over 20+ points only two times (maybe more, but I think only two).

shead doesnt hesitate if you leave him open but he isnt looking to shoot … i dont doubt he can get 20+ if he got starter minutes … not unless some covid thing takes out half the team, i dont see him getting starter minutes this year…i dont see 20 casually shooting open 3s as the 7th guard off the bench

and you missed my dejon point
the leading rebounder of a team normally get a few easy points every game (like offensive rebound and put back)…dejon has gotten close to 20 tons of times (17, 18, 19) but did that without being the “top rebounder”… he is expected to be our top rebounder which will add some points to his regular stats, assuming he isnt demoted and gets the mintues we expect him to get ill be shocked if he doesnt crack 20 at some point this years

Back in the day that was routine. Sure was fun to watch. Oh…and there was no 3 point line then either.

1 Like

Jarreau has a shot if we get into a could game the last few minutes. He was the best we had last season.

I didn’t see Wednesday’s game but the stat that stood out the most to me from the box score was 6-1 Shead getting 4 blocks in 18 minutes on the court.
Is that right or is that a typo?

2 Likes

He aggressively springs towards outside shooters. It’s impressive. Like he’s jumping from a tiny trampoline.

Yes he had 4 blocks in 20 mins PT.

And he looked very confident and competent in running the offense too. It’s crazy how deep this team seems to be (and no Mills yesterday). I remember the days of looking at some on the football roster to improve the basketball team…

3 Likes

Mark’s 22 points were most by a true freshman in his Cougar debut since Lamar Roberson scored 25 points to open the 2005-06 season in a 131-62 home win over
Florida Tech. That’s the game UH jumped out to a 30-0 lead in the second season under Tom Penders.

6 Likes

One thing that impressed me about Shead was his command while on the floor. He was pointing people in the right direction and barking instructions. He already seems to have a great grasp on the offense and appears to be a leader. That’s really great to see from a true freshman.

7 Likes

Sampson is the total package as a coach. He can identify talent. He can recruit. He develops the players. And he’s an excellent in-game coach.
Aside from his first year or two, I can’t think of many players who weren’t billed as advertised or underachieved as a Cougar.

6 Likes

Mark, Sasser, Mills, Jarreau, Grimes, Shead, and Gresham

1 Like

So seven for you too.

I love it.

1 Like

We already have 2 with Sasser and Mark.

I predict three more

Grimes, Mills and White

1 Like