The Blaze

I hate to say this, but The Blaze needs to go the way of the palm trees. It was cool for when it was introduced. It is time to let her go. The Cougar Declaration/Debacle can go too. Just have a celebrity lead the Whose House chant.

7 Likes

What he said.

3 Likes

I agree with 2010CypressCoog. Blaze needs to go. It is not for our current Coogs team and I find it quite annoying. Junk it!

3 Likes

Many posters on here always talk about building tradition, yet you all want to take away something that has been around for a while? The Blaze started in the Run N Shoot days I believe, and if anything the Blaze compliments the fast pace offense we run now. They don’t need to junk it but maybe find a siren that is easier to maintain. I liked back in the Robertson days when the Frontiersman would hook it up to a truck and go around campus blasting it before games. Now they just have it stationary inside TDECU.

5 Likes

setup a GoFundme

Last I heard the Blaze was property of Sigma Chi
Perhaps they should get others involved, those more capable like Kappa Alpha Order.

Just tell me where to send the check.

Gosh! How much was it to get it fixed that they needed rounds of funding.

In lieu of the Blaze let the new DJ crank up a groovy tune while all the students chant ya woo.

2 Likes

The issue with the blaze is the mother board is outdated and it’s my understanding that this board is no longer available so from time to time it shorts out and it’s difficult to find replacement parts. When I was foreman of frontiersmen we raised $10K for The Blaze, but it all went towards a new trailer.

Basically, we need to buy a brand new siren. Scrap the old blaze. Keep the tradition.

6 Likes

Yes!! Scrap that thing! It’s not even an air raid siren!!

sigh hate to to tell y’all this, since I hate the blaze, but try radio shack. That is if u can still find one.

1 Like

If they scrap the oil rig siren can they scrap the dusters as well?

2 Likes

???..No the Blaze stays…sorry YaWoo Coogs…

1 Like

Will, you heard wrong. It’s owned by the Frontiersmen.

Why did you delete my comment saying that the Blaze and Frontiersmen should go away?

I didn’t use any profanity and was expressing an honest opinion like everyone else on this thread.

I couldn’g care less whether they keep the Blaze or not, but someone in the Frontiersmen needs to learn how to fly the Texas flag. They ran out on the field at the game last week with the flag flying upside down. Just look at the star, if you are stupid enough not to know that the red stripe belongs on the bottom (symbol of blood shed in battle)!

They did correct it before their next appearance on the field, but still, that should never happen.

2 Likes

To add to this, usually flying any flag or thing upside down means fallen in a bad or negative way, period. They should never do that again.

No - they most certainly should never do that again!

And, it is not the first time some unknowing and/or uncaring person embarrassed the whole university in this way. The UH Band did the same thing the first time we appeared in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. They carried the Texas flag upside down for the whole parade - on national TV, for the whole world to see!

THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN - EVER!

2 Likes

I wasn’t embarrassed. I didn’t even notice and nobody brought it up until today and I still attribute it to somebody having an innocent goofing. And I’m betting most of the world wouldn’t know if it’s upside down or not.

Wow…unbelievable!

Best option for the Blaze is to remove the guts and place a new siren in the current housing. Keep the dusters and fly the damn flag correctly. Start a go fund me to repair the Blaze and I will donate. Just do it right!

4 Likes

Blaze wasn’t around during the run and shoot days. We used an air siren. There were no frontiersmen either. Don’t make stuff up. You want tradition, bring back the air siren.