The elephant in the room

The MWC can’t really splinter as most of the programs have nowhere to go. If they can’t keep up they’ll probably just scale back like the MAC and run on a budget. But really, they’re just in a different situation than the bottom three G5. Multi-bid with better bowls and some competitive teams.

Worse comes to worse Conference USA and Sun Belt will reshuffle along more geographic lines and also scale back. Or enough programs will collapse/relegate that there will be a consolidated league.

1 Like

That is the inevitable outcome of the not-P5 schools. The AAC will be the last holdout, but for the schools that don’t get out this is the endgame. Regionality reshuffle, scale backs, and for some dropping altogether or going FCS.

At least that’s the current course, whole new dynamics could come into play and turn everything on its head. Shifting all the paradigms.

1 Like

I’m just one rung on the pecking order different that most of you. I agree that MWC and CUSA aren’t going to make it but I don’t think the AAC will make it either, certainly not as it stands today. I know that will really upset some folks but it’s really only one step removed from the line of thinking many folks have, unfortunately it’s not good for it Coogs.
Bad Coog, troll comments will be posted in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

I don’t comment too often but feel the need to say that you are not UH fan. Yes you are a troll and would really like it if you gtf out. Just the name tag alone is irritating.

7 Likes

That’s probably for the best if you’re just going to make personal attacks with no contribution towards the topic or conversation.

Can’t say that you’re wrong. My own sense is that for the AAC and MWC it won’t be “scale back” as much as no longer scaling up. Which sort of amounts to the same thing. But if I had to guess, I would guess that in fifteen years SMU and ECU will be in the same conference. And if we can’t get out, we will be there along with UCF. Everyone in our conference except possibly Tulsa will be fielding a team.

The prospects for Conference USA and Sun Belt are more tumultuous.

But whether a conference “makes it” depends almost entirely on how you define the term. It’s worth remembering that people have been predicting since forever that teams would start dropping. It keeps not happening.

1 Like

Seems topical to this thread.

An outlier or portent of the future for the Sunbelt?

$50*85=$4,250

I think this was intended to be a team-building thing (“Buy in!”) rather than an actual fundraiser.

Such a stupid idea.

4 Likes

It’s really bad optics for a return of just over $4,000.

1 Like

Seems like a small price to pay to support the university.

1 Like

Now if LSU players were required to give back what they were paid to sign…hmmmm $100,000 times 85 …oh wait does that include the car and what was paid to auntie?

1 Like

Most football programs not in the P5 sandbox are losing $ trying to get in. I really don’t want to be in a conference with UT. The horns should have a Longhorn Conference where they just play with themselves. A P5 invite somewhere would help us attain critical mass but the pathway to the $$$$$$$ is being walled up and guarded more each year. It is semi-pro now and players will have to be paid

1 Like

They’re already supporting their University by putting their bodies in harms way during practice and at games. Really stupid idea. Very bad metrics. I know ULL doesn’t make a ton of money, but schools can either afford to have a team or not. Student athletes, especially at a school like ULL, are barely scraping by (yes, I know they get room and board).

I would hope that all athletes give back to their university.

1 Like

Yeah, after they leave. But while they’re playing? I mean I couldn’t afford 50 more bucks of my own money for much of anything at that time of my life. .

3 Likes

That would be like asking any student, most of whom are barely getting by, to chip in an extra $50, because, you know, give back to the U! It’s an absurd ask. Once they are out of school, hit them up.

6 Likes

The best way to cut off the cartel is to not use their product.
Solution for logical realignment:
Tune off the cfp.
NO VIEWERS = NO MONEY
NO MONEY = NO HONEY

Now I am asking you the cfp question.
Can you live without watching the cfp?
You support U of H to a P5?
Watch when U of H is on. Make a rating statement then tune out the cfp and email the networks demanding U of H entry into a P5.
The cfp won’t be able to sustain itself without major viewerships. It is as simple as that.
What do you have to lose to tune out this scam of a National Championship?
Do you want to keep watching announcers stroking the cfp and their egos?
I love College football but this current version is not College football.

4 Likes

We are talking about athletes who in large part have a free ride. Students who aren’t playing sports are paying a fee. If you don’t have $50 or a way to raise it when you are going to school for free then you have a real problem. If you want to start the donation process after graduation that’s fine. Everyone on this board spends $50 or more every year on UH gear, tickets, CP, etc. etc.

Yes I can, yes I will again !!!

2 Likes

I only watch the Coogs. Period.

3 Likes