The elephant in the room

I wish I could give you an electronic fist bump…this is the best I could do…:fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

With the politics in the NFL I have lots of time on Sundays. cool only policy and the occasional KSU for the spouse.

1 Like

I am with you 100%…I vote my cable box every day. I refuse to watch any game involving the Big12-2…I am not giving those bums a view or click EVER.
I only watch the Coogs. Period…

3 Likes

What are you fighting for, chief? I don’t want anything. I’m not ULL (your new favorite school?). I think it’s ludicrous to ask student athletes, who already work their butts off, to then chip in, when they likely don’t have the extra cash. What are you fighting for, chief?

1 Like

Maybe its the nature of message boards but it sure seems like threads that start out on topic end in bickering and most of the time, no one knows what the bickering about.

2 Likes

And other than the two bickering, nobody else cares.

1 Like

No fighting or bickering here. Please read my posts. I have stated my position clearly and without malice. Read my comments just by themselves and tell me who is bickering. Someone seems to be intimidated by my comments and that’s unfortunate. Hope he or she gets over it.

I have never watched a college playoff game and probably never will unless our Cougars play. That said, I doubt very seriously my not watching those games makes a dent in their ratings. And I bet I could say the same about Cougar nation as a whole not viewing…I hate the current system, but I hate UH not being a part of the P5 group even more…until we get to move up nothing will change…will we get that opportunity soon?

3 Likes

:fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

You are right in the micro sense, but not the macro because it isn’t just Coog fans that don’t watch. Most of the teams that are locked out due to the cartel don’t watch. What’s the point if we can’t get in no matter how good we are.
That’s where ESPN is missing the big picture. They could make MORE money by being inclusive.

3 Likes

How much more? I figure they’re near the top of the curve as it is but adding more teams will start bringing the curve back down with marginal returns.

As good as it may sound in theory, I doubt ratings would be good for a New Mexico versus bowling green championship.

1 Like

They obviously are making plenty of money or they wouldn’t keep it going like it is. I suspect the field will eventually grow to eight. The same people who buy the football magazines, including Texas Football, are the ones who watch all the games. I’m jealous, and therefore I don’t watch.
It’s all about money and if ESPN ever thinks adding a non P5 team to the playoff list, it will be because of the almighty dollar…but don’t hold your breath…

1 Like

You’re thinking strictly athletic donations. I am not. I mean look at the Billion fund raising program. Finished 18 months ahead of schedule, and would not have made it there without the athletic programs.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/02/28/university-of-houston-system-surpasses-1-billion.html

3 Likes

You missed the point. Just being able to make it would make it more fun for us to watch even when we aren’t in it. Much like the NCAA basketball tournament. Even when smaller market teams are eliminated its still fun to watch.

1 Like

UNM vs. BGSU, maybe not. But how about Bowling Green vs. Alabama for the National Championship? I’d sure tune in for that…rooting like hell for Bowling Green of course!

3 Likes