The Houston vs Texas A&M Matchup

Box score from November. Dunn, Arc and Tugler the only ones off the bench and I think is the game we lost Arc. Tugler had 21 minutes, Arc 6 and Dunn had 16 minutes. 5 total points off the bench, 6 rebounds.

This is a different Coog team off the bench.

3 Likes

This game is taylor made for Tugler

1 Like

was just looking at that last night.

and imagine how much better of a player Francis is now than in December.

they are a different team, but we are very much different as well.

6 Likes

I want blood. Aggie has been a pitiful basketball program with all of their advantages over the years. We couldn’t beat them by enough for me. I wish the players shared their dislike as much as I do.

17 Likes

Ramon and Wilson did not play in the first matchup. Dunn hardly did anything. Again my biggest concern is Roberts health. If he is healthy enough, we should not have any trouble.

3 Likes

UH wins 60 to 48

12 Likes

I feel like we’re 8-10 points better than them on most nights. Big game, and I hope we get it done. I think we will, but you never really know!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Year after year, Buzz and his Aggie squad is sloppy during the season then turns it on at the end. We need to show why we are #1 and destroy our competition on the hardwood.

5 Likes

He was also doubled a ton.

1 Like

Shead needs to stop their guard that score 30 points on us in the first game.

1 Like

Dunn was a negative out there. Not that it makes much off a difference but we might have won slightly more comfortably if he didn’t move on the inbounds.

2 Likes

I think rotating Jamal and Mylik will do the trick.

2 Likes

They’re going to move the ball and hope Taylor can get open shots. Doubt they go full blown hero ball with him this go around. Watch him after doubling the post, pick him up at halfcourt, and rebound the dang ball.

I would be shocked to see big minutes from Lath unless Roberts or Francis get in foul trouble.
If coach feels good about Walker he will get more minutes.

Our primary guys are playing a lot of min this game unless we are able to build a lead.

2 Likes

Starters going 85% + of the minutes this one

2 Likes

Taylor is so quick it’s hard for Shead or anyone to cover him. Just try to stay within breathing distance and hope he misses some of the ridiculous shots he takes.
We will play hard and should win

1 Like

The only thing you can do with Taylor is terrible efficiency really and if he Curry’s us that’s March. But get past the Farmers I love our Final Four chances.

4 Likes

Agreed. I don’t remember who said it, but I wonder how Mylik would do on him when Shead gets a breather.

thats why i think Francis not getting in foul trouble will be one of the biggest defining factor of this game

in games where we expect for it to be challenging lath wouldn’t play significant minutes at all

but they are the #1 offensive rebounding team in the nation.
we go 6’1 6’1 6’3, 6’5 6’7 normally when Francis is in foul trouble, assuming lath doesnt play, a line up we have evidence get badly outrebounded when we play it …

if francis is in foul trouble we are either putting up a line up we know will get outrebounded badly, or trust lath who might not be ready

1 Like