The moral of this story

The program survived Andre, Klingler and Case leaving it’ll do just as well with King leaving…it does make The Pitchforks for Dana crew look stupid…it’s in the rear view mirror. Go Coogs

7 Likes

if that isn’t stacking the deck for the future, what is?

1 Like

Not playing someone who isn’t ready yet is stacking the deck? Huh?

2 Likes

If we are looking for the true moral, it’s to trust the initial, unrehearsed responses more than the song and dance press conference with prepared remarks. The redshirt rule and gamesmanship will pay off for all but one player so still the right thing to do.

1 Like

Can somebody please inform Dana that if Tom Herman didn’t redshirt any Freshmen then Dana can’t use their redshirt down the road because it’s “manipulation”.

2 Likes

are you saying King was ready to play last year?

Shameless😎

1 Like

How can you say Dana’s RS strategy didn’t work? The results from that strategy won’t start producing fruit until 2020 and 2021. You can judge it after those two years. If you are saying that the RS strategy didn’t work because King left that would be silly. King wasn’t part of the RS strategy from the get go, plus it wasn’t Dana’s idea to RS King, it was King and his dad.

4 Likes

Absolutely. We started games with Logan Holgorsen and an injured Clayton Tune. King was not sitting because of a lack of preparedness. Are you suggesting that the coach’s freshman son was a better option?

i’m suggesting that King wasn’t going to play so that he could transfer.

1 Like

He gunnn old son! gunnnnnn.

I think letting him redshirt was a bad idea even if he wanted to do it. We got what we deserved… and I guess he did too.

1 Like

I recall your posts from the original board. So, are you still living in a NYC hotel?:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

King couldn’t beat Tulane. What game did we lose that he could have turned to win?

I’ll hang up and listen.

4 Likes

Serious question: How many years does King have left? I thought it was just one year left to play.

On another note, I thought consensus was that CDH concocted the redshirt idea and it was either brilliant strategy and/or a way to save King face for being benched.

Now that the RS shenanigans blew up, it was King’s idea? Yeah, no.

King didn’t want to spend his Senior year captaining a ship that was sinking after losing 3 of the first 4 games. Him and his dad told CDH and the AD they wanted to preserve his last year of eligibility for next year and CDH did right by the player and kept his mouth shut. D’eriq didn’t stand by his words and his dad ran his mouth from the very beginning about D’Eriq needing to do what’s best for him even if it is selfish yet some of you all still sit here trying to pin it on our coach for some reason.

Give me a break if you think the best approach by CDH would be to deny a student athlete the ability to redshirt and kick them off the team and go public with the fact that they refused to play after the Tulane game.

6 Likes

Did your speculation of events change before King’s eventual transfer or after?

This may sound like an overstatement. I know Cary will disagree (which might be a valid disagreement.)

But, I personally think Holgorsen is sort of relieved.
To my knowledge he isn’t one to pamper anyone. And he seemed to be perplexed at some of D’eriq’s misses on rather pedestrian pass plays.

When Case was emerging it was Dana who said, (paraphrasing) “we want Case to stay behind the LOS.”

I think Dana wants his QB to be a passer rather than a runner. In his O there are plenty of runners.
I know he loved the talent aspect but I bet he’s not losing sleep over the personnel. Just MHO.

4 Likes

Well then flag the post and let us review why you think you think what you think. The Coog you said that to is a loooooooong time Coog supporter and 1000% is not a troll. Accept you might not have all the facts.

I think you are right Munzell, I think Dana is glad the circus left town.

7 Likes