The reason that the Little 10 should invite U of H into the conference

We are are only true team that all of them hate and who hate all of them. We have natural rivalries with them. We would fill their stadiums all the time and they would fill ours. Which is why they probably won’t. So when OU or Texas finally leaves and the conference looks like someone whose pants just dropped to the ground in a public place. I hope we have the good sense to take the invite to save their sorry programs rather than try to invite them to become part of the AAC.

1 Like

When UT and OU leave the B12 there will be nothing left to save.

9 Likes

The way C Pezman is scheduling future games, I can’t see us joining anything but the PAC12. We have no relationship with the Big 12 conference anymore after next year’s OU game

And I agree to the above. UT/OU is the only reason the B12 is a thing.

9 Likes

Please God, let uta go Independent - and then have a problem filling their schedule! Oh, and let UH get an invitation to a major conference that does not include uta! Thanks!

16 Likes

Except for UT and Baylor and maybe OU, I don’t think the other schools hate us. I certainly don’t hate them.

4 Likes

After that beating we put on them a couple of year ago, they should hate us.

1 Like

Thought we had a home and home with TT coming soon . . . . .

2 Likes

For sure they want revenge next year, but hate? I don’t sense that from the team anyway.

1 Like

If we beat OU next year, we will definitely be near the top of their hate list.

2 Likes

I won’t argue that. We will have earned it!

1 Like

I would bet my 401K that UT never goes independent.

2 Likes

Maybe not - but that has nothing to do with my wish!

2 Likes

Oh yes - they do hate us, and I can tell you why! They ALL hate us because we forced them to integrate their teams to keep up with us. Now, mind you, they would all deny it to their dying day, but that is the real reason, kept under the table, of course! You would not believe the kind of things said to our fans when we first started to integrate!

5 Likes

I stopped reading this thread when I saw “next year’s OU game”… well played EatEmUp… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

That might have been the case in the 60s and 70s, but integration was inevitable. Old Longhorn fans might continue to have negative opinions towards us about integration, but I doubt the younger UT generation shares their views.

It’s possible that UT fans are disappointed (albeit jealous) that they didn’t lead the way with integration. IMO, that may have been rub that tarnished the shine from the UT legacy.

UT doesn’t win the NC without Vince Young and just think what would have happened if all the great UT RBs including Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Roosevelt Leaks, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Eric Metcalf and others chose not to attend UT because of the school’s racist history. Given the institutional racism that UT exhibited throughout their history, I’m still surprised that they were (and are) able to convince talented players to attend UT and advance their program.

Now if you want an example of a football program that refused to play UH, it’s Ole Miss. They have an institutional bias towards us since the 1970 game that QB Archie Manning’s arm was broken due to hard hits by UH players. We had a regular series with the Rebs until that fateful day in 1970.

Unfortunately, we lost the game and the series.

2 Likes

Let’s drop this talk of the big 12, we are not getting in ever, I’m hoping for another invite in a couple of years but if we keep losing in football it’s doubtful

1 Like

Would we really though? Do we fill Texas Tech’s stadium? Did we fill OU’s stadium last season?

3 Likes

But according to some on this board, losing to Cincinnati and having them win in the playoff is imperative to “elevating” our program…

4 Likes

Easy…people with not much money will jump at money if given a chance…and the parent too. New car and $100, 000s of thousans of dollars…

2 Likes

Nobody under 60 knows what you’re talking about.

5 Likes