The Road to the BIG12 is now in the Final Steps

Oliver Luck is well known in Houston also from his playing days and sports administration days. Of course, he is he AD that was smart enough to bring Dana to WVU. He knew Dana well from Dana’s prior UH days.

:joy:

1 Like

Good news is always welcome, Jess22.

1 Like

Love Coach Sampson, for us that aren’t as versed as y’all on the hoops…know its FB forum but real quick , what’s this year looking like

Heavy favs to Win the Conf again. Top 20 to start the year. This despite every yr losing 3-4 of top6 players getting mins. It’s all you can ask For—consistency.
Future and present very bright for Basketball program imho.

1 Like

Btw what are you doing to get the Baseball program back up to speed. Counting on you. Huge Baseball fan ( Pro, College) in general here. Only few of us visit Baseball site consistently.

1 Like

Thank you Sir!

It feels so good to get my mind off :football:

3 Likes

I think they did do something like that in 2016, actually. (This time feels completely different than that time, though.)

They seem to have better decision-making capacity without Texas and OU in the room.

4 Likes

The last time they went to Dallas to give an actual proposal on why they deserved to be part of the Conf. There was no proposal this go round, that was done w initial ph calls, emails what have you to show they were interested when it became known that (OUT) were moving on.

1 Like

I mean there was a BOR regents to give the authority to negotiate a conference change. It was a “just in case” measure, but some people took it to be a sign.

It’s the actual application that will be the new thing that we did not do in 2016, that suggests that this time is different.

1 Like

Got it! All good!

Edit: agree. The application is coming from BIG12, so yes huge difference. Basically fill out the app n the Job is yours :grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Amazed at how roundly the media approved of this so quickly. Goes to show that the narrative is printed in the dark and the rest is just kabuki theatre.

2 Likes

The treatment of this could not be more different than they were in the Big East when they had their difficulties. It’s really interesting, in addition to being great for us…

1 Like

Regarding the caution some people feel… I get it. I am a little nervous. But only a little. If we don’t get the invitation it will be an unprecedented reneg. I am unable to come up with anything to compare it to. And perhaps more importantly, it would make the Big 12 look really bad (disorganized, disunified, incompetent) at a time they cannot afford it. Their people have been selling us (and the other three) as incomparably good additions. They would need a very, very good reason to change course. “Actually I think Colorado State would be better” wouldn’t be worth it at this point, even if they did actually start feeling that way for some reasons.

If this falls apart, it won’t be because the Big 12 changed its mind. (The only thing I can think of is if BYU changes its mind, which they have shown no indication of doing).

1 Like

I’ll believe it when Pez or President Khator goes “live” and announces that we have joined the big12. … Until then. … Well, in the past UH’s been the fireplug, instead of the dog far too often.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a pretty reasonable and understandable move given the circumstances. All of the schools being added have been openly polishing their resumes since AT LEAST 2016, and the B12 has to do something to steal the headlines back from the SEC and seem like they aren’t being left for dead. Makes a better story for everybody.

The thing that worries me is how smooth all of this is going. I just feel like something bad for us is around the corner.

1 Like

Please…do not borrow trouble…

1 Like

Pls sell your soul. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes