The time draws nigh

The Coogs will be fine when the dust settles.

3 Likes

I don’t see a AAC president taking that risk. ESPN owns SEC and ACC, but only half of the 12. I don’t see ESPN investing in a conference they only have half of. Especially now that they have its 2 most valuable assets.They don’t have a reason to make it more attractive that the AAC. Why pay for 2 conferences(AAC and 12) that are essentially the same. Save what you can from the 12, let fox have the rest. Either way it’s the same amount of money for ESPN.

1 Like

you are 100% sane mind to be worried - maybe I’m just the one of the few old guys on this board - but I remember clearly what happened when SWC broke up - and UH got jammed - and it happened less then a decade after UH final fours, football success and a heisman winner
 to think we cannot get screwed again is having your head in the sand.

4 Likes

Yea, me too.

This time does feel a bit different. Maybe because we’re not participating in the dog and pony show.

Hopefully Bowlsby’s antics have raised concern with our conference mates.

It’s a new age. We will be on the right side of history this time.

5 Likes

If Big 12 takes two it sucks but we survive.

If they take 4 I think we’re in.

If they take 4 and we’re not in I think we huddle with SMU and take our show west.

First and third aren’t good, but we’ll get by.

1 Like

They need us more than we need them.

2 Likes

I hope so but fear not.

1 Like

Which 4 teams are those? I don’t get that vibe at all.

Well, Cincy is already pimping with advertisements. UCF had their shills on that Baylor broadcast today pimping all their TV numbers and attendance figures.

Those are two I’m concerned with. I think Memphis would go tonight. Not sure about SMU but I bet they’d love to detach from us and get back in bed with Baylor and TCU.

If that we’re to happen, I would probably stop watching college football. It wouldn’t be fun to me anymore. Which sucks because the Texans aren’t much better to watch.

Cinci wants the big 10, sure the 12 is a step up but not the one they want. UCF is Florida based and has ties to Disney, they need ESPN. They would also be on a massive island in the big 12. SMU is stuck, they’re a private school in the same market as TCU and Baylor. Why would you pay more for them? Memphis might bite, but then again it’s the same question, is it worth the risk? Presidents think long term, fans think short. What is better for your school in the long term. If the schools move to the big 12 it will be with ESPNs blessing. Why make The Godfather of college football mad?

The doom and gloom is brutal. Good days ahead.

3 Likes

I’m sick of this ESPN monopoly. Congress should break it up and weaken their power.

2 Likes

It’s not a monopoly, Fox still owns the pac and big 10. There’s still competition in the market, and there could be new players with apple and Amazon. Disney just does business better, a lot better. They do the dance better than fox, and spend more money. We’re just mad because we are outsiders looking in.

3 Likes

I’m just saying, the fact that teams being afforded the opportunity to be in a better conference relying only on ESPN’s blessing, is ridiculous. Too much power.

3 Likes

I’m afraid that’s what the Germans were thinking right before they started WWII by invading Russia.

2 Likes

ESPN runs college athletics end of story.

If they want the Big 12 dead, it will die.

If someone runs into that burning house, you will die with it.

Just for clarification, Germany invaded France and Belgium to start WWII
then invaded Russia two years later.

Then Germany bombed Pearl Harbor

(For all of us Animal House fans
)

6 Likes