There's no excuse this season

why does he get a pass his first year? he inherited a very good team after herman. herman took a less talented team to the peach bowl year 1.

3 Likes

This. A thousand times this.

No way was last year’s team more talented than 2015. Have you counted the number of NFL draft picks were on that team?

Now this year’s team might be the most talented since the SWC days. This team is good.

8 Likes

That 2015 class was crazy talented. One example is Jackson, I knew he was an above average player but I had no idea he would be one of the best CB’s in the NFL.

4 Likes

Let’s put it this way, some guys are just great coaches, regardles of where they stand on that list. Some guys start a program and stay with it and aren’t taking over down programs every so often. That would keep their % higher – especially when they are in a favorable situation. Look at Bill Yeoman, he started here and stayed here; but he had to rebuild over and over due to the situation at UH is different than say UT.

On the other hand, you get a guy that goes to Notre Dame for 20 years and he has a great recruiting and fan support advantage. Even turning teams around is easier at big, rich, state flagship schools like UT and Bama.

Like the guy said, theres lies, damn lies, and statistics. To compare UH results with one of those types is not valid; apples and oranges. To also compare with small schools content to stay in that realm rather than trying to match against the big guys is also an apples to oranges comparison.

1 Like

This is the worst thread of all time. We are all now dumber for having read it.

14 Likes

Qwan: thou hast said it

1 Like

Disagree. Herman had more talent his first year
thaanks to Levine and his staff

It just took CTO to develop it.

Coogs just got better. Again. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

This is one heckuva offseason. Just when I thought my anticipation for the basketball season would exceed football, the football team is making some serious waves.

2 Likes

We’re not done adding yet.

2 Likes

So the ND kid is coming to UH !!!

3 Likes

These grad transfers are not kids anymore. They are grown men who have earned diplomas from good schools across the country. They see something in our team, coaching staff, city, and university that they want to be a part of. I am really thinking 2018 is going to be special partly because they believe it will be.

2 Likes

Under 30, you are a kid
:sunglasses:

1 Like

and applewhite inherited most of herman’s talent. the fact herman took levine’s players to a peach bowl year 1 tells you how bad levine was as a hc.

2 Likes

No arguement about Levine as HC, but a lot of talent departed after year 2 of Herman

This kind of where I’m at. I still have concerns about the O-lines strength but with the addition of Williams in the backfield I think we have a back who’s big and quick enough to make something out of nothing if he has to and make seams look like holes.

My person feeling is that we should go 9-3 even if our O-line has same issues as last year. Also, I’d like to see the team take back our house. We were 4-3 At home last year. And no losing to teams we should beat
That’s maybe just as big for me as total wins.

For discussion purposes only: here are the games that seem to be the most daunting in order of danger in my opinion.

USF
@ Navy
@ Memphis
Arizona
@ Texas Tech

If they lose any games not listed, that would be disappointing. The top 3 were difficult to order. Thoughts?

1 Like

I would go with this order in top 3 of difficulty: 1. @Memphis 2. @Texas Tech 3. Arizona

Other than Arizona, our gone schedule seems pretty tame. Not sure how good USF will be this year though.