This is what concerns me

Correct!

Sports is supposed to be fun, a pastime, something to do to relax and chill out. College football is starting to become nothing like that.

Professional Sports is an oxymoron (contradiction in terms like jumbo shrimp, war games, deliberate mistake), in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Up to a week ago there was no way aTm would vote to allow UT in. And no way UT would go to the SEC.

Money will talk.

I SO hope you are right but whoever would have thought any of this would happen? :confused:

why would the Pac 12 want Kansas State, Okie State and Tech?

why would the Big 10 want Iowa State?

they are P5 schools cause of their association with UT/OU

4 Likes

Dear Johnny,

First, I’m sorry for being a PITA over the years.

With that, we win this time! Have a great weekend!

My comment was in response to the PAC never letting BYU in.

BYU and notre dame are the last two prizes.

I almost had to Google PITA. :crazy_face:. Ha Ha!!! No, you’re all right :blush:

Likewise!

Seriously though, if the last few years have taught me anything it’s that good health, friends and family are what’s important. Everything else is just a side show.

5 Likes

They would take them to get to 16 —(only because everyone is) — and to get into the Central Timezone.

I would have believed UT to the SEC, especially after ESPN refused to negotiate renewing the B12 media rights earlier this year, before BYU to the Pac. BYU’s media deal is the on par with the AAC’s newest media deal. They’re not UT

PS - I was not saying to make JC feel better, if the Pac doesn’t take BYU in his scenario, there are other options.

Sorry Johnny!

“But except for the religion issue,”…
Ed Young might be Pope.

1 Like

Just a reminder that ESPN plan was not to bring all the remnants to the aac

ESPN tried to get B12 to dissolve to get TXOU out now. brokering WVU/OkSt to ACC, KU/ISU to B1G, and Baylor/KSU/TCU/TT to AAC

Fox owns the rights to the PAC and B1G. ESPN doesn’t have a lot of influence either place.

UH and 3 other schools need to join the Big 12.

Remaining Big 8 is not sustainable, teams will be looking for exits, the conference will eventually disband, but if we’re simply wanting to improve UH’s stock… we need to join them. Even if we do join there’s a low chance an actual Big 12 is sustainable either, but again it’s best for UH

PAC will not take us. They’re either going to stay out or merge with B1G.

There’s no way the remaining Big 8 join the AAC. Their egos will get in the way.

1 Like

Agree. To quote Montgomery Burns of the Simpsons, the NCAA will be “as impotent as a Nevada Boxing Commissioner.”

What does that mean? The ncaa has been the rodent’s lackey and got paid by helping the utau pimp during his SWC days.
Keep in mind that the ncaa sanctioned the P5’s over other G5’s schools. Thus exterminating local rivalries that dates back decades. The ncaa works for the rodent.

The NCAA’s world is cratering so they have decided to have a conference complete with power point presentations.

For the refreshments at the back of the room I would recommend that they go with the jelly filled danishes. Everyone seems to like those.

2 Likes

The NCAA world has cratered due to rudderless and gutless leadership…
Where were the REAL men in those rooms ?
No backbone and no vision.
Bravo. Well done.

2 Likes

What so special about OK State and Iowa State? Both of them are minor players in tiny states with population less than half of Houston. Both play second fiddle to their state’s flagship counterparts — OU and Iowa. I thought the reason for a conference to take a school is to increase TV eyeballs, both of those schools have less people watching them than UH! Are you always trying to find the worst possible scenario for us even though the scenario you laid out makes no sense?

2 Likes

Real men can afford to even get their calls returned.