Thoughts on USF start time

Any word on what network the game will be on? UHCougars.com just has TBA for TV.

Its gotta be on CBSSports, ESPNU or ESPN2 right? Current commits for that day:

CBSSports Boise/AF 7pm
ESPNU - TBA
ESPN2 - TBA

Thus, if its on CBSS its 3:30 or 11. If on one of the ESPN’s anytime from 11 to 7 from what I can see.

If Major is right and we’re playing at 7, then I suspect that we’re on ESPN2 if both teams win out.

3 Likes

Another thought here. World Series game 4 will be a night game that night. If the Astros are in it, it would be a road game, but still it’s the World Series.

Your point ?

Marque games are already picked up by CBS for that day.

#14 Florida at #2 Georgia on CBS
#5 Notre Dame vs. Navy (In San Diego) on CBS

#4 Clemson at Fl St should be a dud, but will be picked up
#7 Washington at Cal should be a dud, but will be picked up most likely by Fox as a late game
Iowa at #8 Penn State has the opportunity to be a good game and ESPN loves them some B1G
#9 Texas at OK State has the opportunity to be a good game
K-State at #11 OU has the opportunity to be a good game
#15 Wisconsin at Northwestern (see comments on Iowa/Penn St)
#17 Oregon at AZ (see comments on Wash/Cal)
#18 Kentucky at Mizzou no one wants to watch this game
Oregon St at #19 CU see comments above
#20 NC State at Syracuse has not been picked up yet.
#22 TAMU at. #24 Miss St has not been picked up yet.

That would be a death sentence for attendance.

2 Likes

This. And even as a hard core Coog, seeing my baseball team in a WS would only be happening for the 3rd time in my life and in history. Even devoted fans would have a viewership dilemma on their hands and might opt of a bar or home setup that has both games on.

2 Likes

It’s baseball…!!!

Just a lot of scratching and spitting !!!

1 Like

^^^ and that’s just the fans!

I am as a die-hard Coog fan as they come but The Astros in the world series, while the Coogs are playing at home, is a hard choice for me. If this happens I hope for the 3:30 game. I am sure the athletic department would also want the 3:30 under the scenario as well because they should be aware that Houston is a Pro sports town first like it or not. As for me, I just love baseball and especially the Astros! Maybe the Astros would be playing the Dodgers again which means a late start in the World Series.

I don’t believe Athletic Dept has any say in game times . . . . . Other wise, we would not have September games @ 11 AM . . . . .

Playing opposite the Astros would be a killer for ratings as well. Look for 11 or 3:30

I am not saying they do have the ability to negotiate game times with the networks, but if the Astros are in the World Series I think the athletic department would be secretly be hoping they would give us an early game. UH knows an Astros game at the same time as the Coogs would hurt our TV ratings and attendance.

1 Like

So, let’s see…many of you guys condemn coog fans for not liking the early starts of early Sept games, or if it is raining, ,but it is OK for coog fans to miss games because the Astros or Rockets are playing.

There are 170+ Astro games and 80 something Rocket games, but only 6 UH home games !!

2 Likes

And maybe only a handful of home world series games in your lifetime. I’m a huge Coog fan but insinuating that a home game against USF is more important than a World Series game is a bit silly.

2 Likes

Ya woo…

Yes, it seems pretty darn weak to me that any FB season ticket holding Coogfan would actually consider missing one of only 6 home UH football game because the Astros or Rockets are playing a game at the same time - unless it was the final game in the World Series or the NBA Championship Series.

Now on the other hand, if Rice was beating UT-Austin by 50-0 at halftime of a game at Rice Stadium, then I’d be tempted to leave a UH home game a little early in order to drive over there to watch the second half.

1 Like

Well said and if someone chooses the ‘Stros over the Coogs then you are more of a ‘Stros fan than a Coogs fan and no amount of but, but, but can offset that.

Ya woo me all you want. I’ll be at TDECU on the 27th. But I also wouldn’t argue with anyone who chooses to watch a World Championship series game over USF UH. Big game for our season but it’s not apples to apples to me.

3 Likes

It is still just a baseball game !