Thread closed for politics and profanity --> RE: House Is Balling!

Big East ain’t better than AAC lol. Villanova can be filthy, tho

1 Like

That was the one school I was going to go back and give love to with an edit… Nova is legit right now.

I know… They hate mentioning that HE CHOSE UH FIRST and landed at A&M due to circumstance and not choice.

As an fyi. If it matters the person who wrote the article in Chron is long time Beat Writer for A&M Sports. So as things are slow on College Sports scene it was more of how forner Aggie is doing at Pro level. Just like JD will do articles on former Coogs who are now at Pro level. Anyway that’s what that was all about!!

I think you’re confused Kyle, he left the AAC for the B12. He agreed to come here originally because we had been invited to the Big East and were leaving CUSA.

I’m confused… But not about this… Lol

1 Like

Right. You think that the pre-split Big East wasn’t better than the AAC. And that the B12 isn’t a step up in competition from the American. Confused probably isn’t a strong enough word :rofl:

Ask Louisville who is better…

House’s game is perfect for the nba.

Nobody is required to play DEFENSE in the nba !!

3 Likes

This is nowhere close to the truth.

4 Likes

I completely disagree !!

The top teams in the NBA always have good defenses. Despite this, games are higher scoring because the offensive skill level of NBA players is light years ahead of college basketball players, plus there are rules in place to give offensive players advantages over defenders (such as defensive 3-second violations) and there’s a much quicker pace to the game. College basketball rules make penetration much more difficult, and the skill level is lower so strategies certain strategies (like presses) become more effective.

On what basis do you say nobody is required to play defense in the NBA? There are numerous players in the NBA who are on rosters solely because of their defense (Rudy Gobert, Matisse Thybulle, Tony Allen etc.). Lakers won yesterday’s game because of their lockdown defense on two incredible offensive players in Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum. Rockets’ small ball has been working in part because of their stifling defense (reminds me a lot of how UH played in the Rob Gray and Corey Davis teams). How often do you watch NBA games?

6 Likes

They only play defense in the playoffs…and even then it is mediocre at best.

In the Rockets awe that is an accurate statement. The last 2 games we have seen 1.5 of the best D they have played all season

1 Like

Do you even watch the NBA? Or do you just have a perceived opinion that No defense is played. Plenty of defense is being played currently in playoffs. The players are elite at what they do, so i guess let’s just say NO defense is played. If you follow the NBA and watch the last 2 Rockets :rocket: gms, they are playing tremendous defense with all the switching etc they have do on every possession. Just couldn’t let that post go by w/o commenting.

4 Likes

That’s ridiculous. He left because he wanted to leave–that was the circumstance.

3 Likes

Did you read my post ???

It is the playoffs.

If you believe the nba plays defense during the regular season then you haven’t seen college basketball.

1 Like

NBA defense is very weak nowadays Even in plsyoffs. It used to be great - check out The Last Dance to see how great defense used to be. It is very watered down for many years now. That’s the big reason I don’t care about nba.

1 Like

Not understanding this post. Are you comparing NBA vs College basketball defense? Also if you’re asking if I’ve seen College basketball, answer would be Yes. Fwiw as young kid saw BIG E play at Delmar Fieldhouse and have gone to several hundreds of gms in person and watch several thousands on TV. But pls carry-on!

2 Likes

Do you watch the NBA or just form an opinion.