Tony Orlando and Dawn will be available

One other thing he said: If you see a Texas kid with offers from Kansas, K State and other out of state tier 2 and 3 P5 teams and no offers from Tx Tech, TCU, aTm, UT-Austin or Baylor then they probably aren’t that great. They’re good but not great. Out of state teams like to get a Texas kid because boosters like to think they stole a kid from Texas and it makes them feel like they accomplished something. Tony put it better than that but that was the way I processed it.

5 Likes

Question is: Would we bring him back???

Tony? As a ST consultant or recruiting assistant? I would but doesn’t mean anything.

5 Likes

Todd as DC?

Whats his current thoughts

During Herman’s last season here a sign/marketing company on 45 in The Woodlands made a burnt orange sign that said something like, “Please Tom Herman”. I thought about accidentally running it over a few times. Now I’m just wondering which coach they’ll put on the next one.

1 Like

Super easy to do when he takes us to the peach bowl immediately. Calling him a genius was a safe bet and I fell I to that trap and expected him to be competing for national titles by now.

1 Like

You bring up a great point KFD. The percentage of athletes peaking at 16/17 is high. That is valid for every sport. Itis due to many factors be physical and mental/maturity. Tony and many others was bright enough to recognize it. JUCO players can be “golden” for the same reason. This is above all having a great “pulse” on what our own territory produces. I have mentioned it before having Tony back as a recruiting “consultant” would be a terrific plus for our program. CDH strikes me as someone that would welcome his insights. Major programs have countless recruiting consultants. Would Tony want to do it and would Chick-Fill-A allow it. Remember friends recruiting starts with passion. It is very time consuming and obviously involves travel.

4 Likes

Tony doesn’t want to go on the road anymore and is happy at Chik-Fil-A. They also require managers/owners to be at the location full-time.

But, Holgorsen was on the same staff as Levine under Sumlin and there are guys that were around Levine that could pick his brain if need be…I imagine there has been some conversation there, especially from guys he coached like Carrier and Johnson.

The main thing is getting these coaches established and making connections. This year’s class may not be top notch, but the connections should start paying off for next year’s class when the coaches have had a couple of years to build relationships.

5 Likes

Me too. I wish he would get a chance as a college HC.

Chik-Fil-A. They also require managers/owners to be at the location full-time.

Over the past couple of years, I have eaten at a Chik-Fil-A on many occasions, and have asked if the owner/manager was in on several occasions. Not once has anyone acknowledged that the owner was in the store, and this was usually about 4:30 ish . . . . .

2 Likes

Yeah Chick-fil-a is weird in that the franchise owner is treated as more of a general manager than an owner. Also the owner basically has to put the store location where corporate tells them and doesn’t have alot of freedom with that. Chick-fil-a just made an announcement at the corporate level that has really ticked off alot of their loyal customers that make up a large share of the revenue. I could see a large drop in their stock over the next couple of months. If Levine is going to get out now is the time to do it.

4 Likes

Uh oh. Are they planning to open on Sunday?

Our recruiting ranking is poor because of the number of commitments. However, if you look at our commits, they are all top notch

5 Likes

The dynamics of recruiting has canged quite a bit the past 5 years. We cannot analyze it the way we used to.
Being a successful program this city is going to really pay dividends in us getting some real talent wanting to come back home as long as we have the staff who knows who to say YES and NO to when making their evaluations. The more established we become the less we will have to depend on talent coming from other schools and the more we can get straight out of HS.

1 Like

Where is Chick-Fil-A stock traded?

4 Likes

They are not publicly traded based on the founders will.

I don’t think anyone is ticked off…maybe a bit confused…but the owner recently said that his organization will continue to give money to charities and Christian organizations. He says that the company will not bend to pressures like some have said. I read this in an article by Franklin Graham, Billy Graham’s son…either way I wouldn’t let it stop me from eating there lol…I have never, ever heard of Chik Fil A turning down any customers…this is simply political garbage…

3 Likes

Once Madison went down it was all she wrote as they were the only real competition outside of a random Westbury in the early 00s. But Lamar has had built-in advantages with recruiting other school’s talent So I never feel sorry for them when they lose.

Their part of the reason HISD football has suffered over the years.

You do realize that while Lamar can recruit, they mostly don’t have to. They have 1785 magnet transfers from other schools and 98% of them don’t play a sport.
Wisdom - 391
Madison - 205
Westbury - 187
Worthing - 153
Yates - 120
All others - 729