Tony Orlando and Dawn will be available

The Manager is not required to be in the store at all times, buy they are required to be Owner/Manager and cannot work another job nor own another Business. #Levine

1 Like

They are required to do a boatload of community outreach as well. It is an amazingly different franchise setup. Most franchises you contact a developer in an area and they sell you a spot. You pay them money for the rights to build a new franchise and then also pay royalties to the developer and to the main corporate office. Developers have a set amount of time to sell a set amount of locations or they can lose the ability to be paid the royalties forever. They keep the franchise fee but lose the points. Chick-fil-A takes applications directly. They vet the crap out of their owners rarely letting anyone own more than one, a very strange thing in franchising. Once they sort through the thousands of applicants they then finance the whole thing. Owner pays nothing but does have a higher royalty payment but no debt payments. They require the owner to be involved daily. Maybe not on premise but at schools, charities and other community things. All this while the whole operation prints money.

1 Like

They recruit - their zone has never produced that kind of talent for football consistently. I know personally how folks from Worthing, Yates, Madison and Wheatley have played over there.

That state team a few years back - won’t even y’all about that as I know where a few lived.

Addresses don’t lie. And no state title to show for it lol. HISD - enforce the zones

SBISD needs to do the same…

Not saying they don’t recruit. What I am saying is that their friends and neighbors are already going to Lamar. It doesn’t take much of a sell.

Lamar, under Nolan, had an outstanding recruiting program. North Shore and Katy aren’t bad either

There is an obvious sense of jealousy in these pejorative statements about Mirabeau B. Lamar High School’s prolonged success in football. But, what other Texas high school had the same high quality athletic leadership in the person of Tom Nolan for three decades? He was both a terrific coach and someone who really cared about the people he had in his program, and not just about their athletic ability. That is how you build a dynasty.

And a great talent base - don’t be nieve. The guy at Jeff Davis who lost big but turned it around was a good coach.

The district Lamar is in is a joke - let’s be honest as those schools have longed withered away talent wise. They’ve recruited better to stay afloat but should have more to show for it. Just ask other HISD coaches who’ve lost talent to them over the years their thoughts.

If HISD enforced zones - forced the charter schools to ban football to get depth back at some schools (their getting those kids killed playing undersized) there’s hope maybe.

North Shore won’t break the school up and has the largest zone in the city if you understand where I’m going.

Katy has survived but it’s odd the other schools have never been able to replicate it.

2 Likes

The district Lamar is in, is mostly a joke.
Talent wise, the district as a whole has gone downhill over the last three years
All the schools in the district are losing talent to schools like https://legacycmhs.org/
I know a number of kids that were on the Lamar team either went or are going to this school

SBISD football is just horrid these days. Memorial and Stratford have remained so-so but Spring Woods and Northbrook, iirc, are 3-57 the last 3 years.

I went to Northbrook High School 2006-2010. We have always been horrible at Football but great at Futbol. The school has not had a Football winning season in over 3 decades and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

3 Likes