2025?

Does anybody really believe UT/OU will stay in the Big12 till 2025? What is the guess on how long it will actually take?

Next 6 months

5 Likes
3 Likes

Last year in the Big 12

1 Like

I believe that they will stay until 2025 as much as I believe they came up with going to the SEC just a week ago.

1 Like

I think this is their last year. What ESPN wants, ESPN gets! They (UT & OU along with ESPN) want to dissolve the B12, and it shall be done. This will prevent them from paying those large exit fees.

This will be their last year.

No, they’ll learn that they can’t stand to be together and figure out how to divide the riches so they can go their separate ways. Not too much different from an ugly divorce. Most likely the Whorns and OU want the hell out and get into the SEC, but its about minimizing financial impact also. All get to a happy or satisfying state and they are gone.

And where will be Big 12 Leftovers go? They have no new home except in the AAC and they are all hoping for something better. But they are dreaming.

2 Likes

They will negotiate a buyout to leave after this year or next year.

The leftover 8 will have that money plus the current money owed to them due to their contract until 2025 (35ish million a year).

That’s a lot of money they can offer to MWC/AAC teams.

Yes come to the big 12 here is some money good luck after 2025 with the new tv contract

1 Like

But those 8 plus whatever schools they add would still get more than AAC/MWC in a new contract.

1 Like

Probably next season but I think no later than 2023.

ESPN/ABC gets the exclusive to the SEC in 2024.

I would imagine they want Texas and Okie with a few SEC seasons (at least one) under them by then.

Some mention CBS may let them have it early for the right $$$.

Between the crowds and the referees, this season should be brutal for a so/so Texas team on the road.

Much less so for Okie who should be great regardless of the hate.

My UT friend said this is our last year. Lol said they have the coaches to win the SEC every year. Delusional.

1 Like

I totally expect the PAC12 to pick apart the BIG12 and try to increase the divide between them and the AAC.

PAC will not take anyone from the big 12. They will either stay put or merge with the B1G

Big 12 (Big 8) really has 2 options. They add 2-4 AAC teams and hope for the best, or they join the AAC and take less money? What do you think they do?

You are making an assumption. You and all of us do not know.

I’m sure some people think they will stay until 2025; but there are some people who think the earth is flat. I’m guessing that this may be their last season and no later than 2022 season for sure.

I’m at the point where UT bores me. Its like the going out of business sale at the furniture store.

Over-hyped, over-promoted, and under-delivered…year…after…year…after…year.

5 Likes

It’s difficult to know because they might want a sure thing rather than taking a chance of essentially getting shut out. ESPN’s made it pretty clear they’re not interested, and Fox said no to negotiating before UT and OU left. If ESPN bumps a new AAC up to 10-12+ million and guarantees a big bowl then the Big 12 leftovers may jump on that.

1 Like

The Little 8 haver no where to go. Period. The Pac doesn’t want them neither does the Big 10 (12). I don’t trust the remainders as they don’t want us to be a big player in the Houston recruiting hot bed. I can actually see them adding 4 and us not being one of them.