Tough Loss

Time for a reset. Coach will drill them hard at practice, we finish out our season and into tournament time.

3 Likes

I understand the reset mentality…but, this was definitely not a good loss.

Memphis on the road would’ve been a good loss.

2 Likes

Good loss?

Take it from a loser.

That is total crap.

All loses are bad. This is one of our worst. Certainly one of our biggest loses in program history.

5 Likes

Their next practice may be at ECU.

2 Likes

Great loss. This team tonight looked like they were sleep walking. Most of them have been reading too much of the their own press.

They got their rear ends handed to them and embarrassed themselves by an LA fitness pickup squad just looking for some afternoon cardio… I’d be afraid to play this team in the next couple of weeks. I can’t wait for the real leaders of this team to take us to the next level.

5 Likes

correctimundo

Wow. That was a flat and uninspired effort tonight. Hopefully we bounce back

The offense wasn’t bad tonight, but the defense was atrocious. It wasn’t until the second half they started playing a little better defense, and it still wasn’t great. Certainly not the lock down defense they’ve played all year. Add that to the fact that Grimes had an absolutely horrible night and you could see this one coming. Speaking of which, I would like to see Tyson play more minutes when the other guys aren’t bringing it.

As for the teams energy, I understand they waited until the last second to board the plane to make sure the game is still on.

Oh, and I don’t see any loss as good but people don’t give this conference credit for its talent. The ECU guards were hitting all of their shots tonight, and Gardner is perhaps the best player in the entire conference. That kid will play in the NBA one day. He’s that good.

1 Like

“One of the biggest losses in program history” is hyperbolic when there’s only seeding on the line. Unless this is a start of skid which is highly unlikely then at most it becomes a blip. Biggest losses prevent you from reaching a goal. All our achievable goals are still in front of us. Conference titles, NCAA tournament, hanging banners. Last time I checked we didn’t hang a banner for a ranking or seeding received. This loss will not be indelible in our minds if we go on to achieve what we are capable of.

5 Likes

Our defense was the watch them shoot open shots defense !!

1 Like

Hate to tell you, but it probably ain’t the last regular season loss this season.

ROAD GAMES !

4 Likes

Lol. Honestly you might want to log off for the night and take a walk or something. There’s no way anyone who has been following the Coogs for more than a few months could really think this.

8 Likes

Certainly one of our biggest loses in program history.

UCLA in final four
North Carolina in final four
NC State in final four
Hiring Clyde D
Oh, so many more . . . . .

There goes our ride in the “catbird” seat . . . . .

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1357142596762689537?s=21

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought CKS would say. What a great coach.

8 Likes

Bad loss, period!

This wasn’t due to a road game because there wasn’t much of a crowd.

If this was a loss due to a road game, then what are we going to do in the NC Tournament because all games are on the road?

Where was Tyson? Four minutes…3 points.

Mark played 17 minutes…2 points.

If Tyson played 17 minutes, his point projection would have been 12 points. We win by 3.

Sampson is a brilliant coach, but even he has to question his decision to play Mark so many minutes with minimal output.

This was a very winnable game we let slip away.

1 Like

yeah - good on you Coach. UH lost a game - a conference road game - it should have won. Its on you. The players will respond, I am willing to wager.

The hell of it is - everything is still in front of this team. All the press clippings and media attention will float away and UH will get back to winning the conference title and then - I daresay - when the tournament rolls around - UH will be there at game time.

Road games are not about crowds except as to how the crowds affect the refs…they are about COMFORT levels.

In the tournaments both teams have the low comfort levels !

1 Like

Any team that shoots lights out from 3, does not turn it over and can make FT’s can make it tough on any road team. This was not on the refs, we were up 3 at half and came out the second half flat. Ice cold.

Tyson is not ready defensively to make that kind of difference.

4 Likes