Tune's

@section230rocks

You should probably re-read my comments.

I’m chill.

Sorry, man, I forgot what I was replying to. I’ve read so much Tune bashing on here before, during, and after the game I just went into default mode.

It’s all cool.

I don’t bash the kids. Not my thing.

I will go after a coach though.

1 Like

Thank you for the input Giena. The **HEART ** that he displayed last season for everyone to see running while being injured confirmed to me what Clayton is all about. A team player first he is. Every coach dreams of having players like Clayton.

4 Likes

Both plays the LB came directly up the middle untouched by the O-Line. That was the breakdown. Realistically the best play Tune could have made with what was in his face was taking sacks and hanging onto the ball. Maybe on the pick he could have thrown it away, but might have been intentional grounding. So yeah, not having game speed of a guy flying directly at you led to those two turnovers. But first is first, we can’t let a blitzing LB go directly up the middle without even being touched. Everybody here saw how Heisman and NFL QBs Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield did when we got pressure on them.

2 Likes

The biggest take away for me is how he adjusted and responded. The difference between training, playing defense vs offense and actually playing an official game is not even describable.
We have a ton of areas to work on. This starts with our OL and every position on our team. I too wanted to see a better running game and blocking up front. This was our first game and you improve from this level. I have great trust in our coaches. I loved the team’s locker room reaction. Can you imagine training day after day and you can’t play an official game? You can’t achieve perfection and especially not in your first game. Stay humble, work hard and work harder.

5 Likes

Not bad, not bad at all.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1315674425539297280?s=21

8 Likes

I thought Tune’s deep ball looked great, and not just adjusting for first game of the season jitters. The first play of the game was a 34 yard strike to Stevenson. He only had a couple of overthrows and Corbin dropped one that hit him in the hands. The long TD to Stevenson in 4Q was a perfectly thrown dime that hit Stevenson in stride. The almost-TD to Tank was an incredible read and throw on the run and under pressure. There’s no doubt Tune has some clean up work to do after watching film, but what I saw from him has me all kinds of excited for the rest of the seasons.

13 Likes

Amen brother!

There was another one that would have went for a TD that Corbin short-armed

2 Likes

I’m starting to like Tune.

2 Likes

See I wasn’t the only one lol.

Lol.