UCF offers head football coaching job to Gus Malzahn

Good hire if he accepts it. Doubt he is there long term but if I were them I’d be okay with it.

1 Like

A smart move by UCF. I was surprised Auburn fired him. It’s not Malzahn’s fault that Saban is a dynasty builder. No one is going to unseat BAMA until Nick Saban decides to retire, but then the SEC has to worry about his successor, Dabo Swinney.

2 Likes

What a stroke of good luck home run for them if he accepts.

Remember when we were going to get Les Miles… We’ll see if he accepts.

1 Like

I think Gus is a good coach and was in an impossible situation at Auburn. Probably have a little more confidence that Gus will find success at UCF than I did when CDH started here.

1 Like

Well crap, I guess we are going to cement ourselves into 4th place!

2 Likes

Good for UCF, not so much for UH. Solid coach and will have them winning quickly.

3 Likes

Leave it to Tennessee to get UCF a coaching upgrade lol

3 Likes

Looks like it’s done.

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1361365750586380289

2 Likes

That’s a big time hire.

2 Likes

Think they spent $4 million?

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what salary they are giving him, considering he made almost $7 million at Auburn.

If he got a substantial severance, then it’s OK, if not something is better than nothing. Plus UCF is a good gig in a nice area.

1 Like

Another P5 coach for a G5 school. So what is that distinction?

.They have been winning big for years now. the guy is a good coach, but no better than who they have had for years …Not an upgrade…just keeping things the same. .but keeping it the same is still really good, as far as they are concerned…

1 Like

He has a Natty in his back pocket and he’s not a fossil

3 Likes

2.3 mil/ year – 5 yr contract.

1 Like

They will win the AAC championship next year I bet.

1 Like

How much are you betting w bookies or Vegas so we can put it on recrd.