Ucf

I’ve brought up the public money / public institutions angle of this (i.e. the unabashed disparity of it and the sheer size of the amounts and all because of something that is supposed to be a “sport”) a gazllion times. That’s the only avenue worth traveling.

Ok. What’s the plan for seriously threatening the money?

Congress would have to get involved. I know it’s a long shot but I don’t see any other way. Maybe an
anti-trust lawsuit like Utah (I think) threatened might work but I don’t know what jurisdiction woujd be the best place to file it. Not anywhere in the South, West Coast, or Midwest, that’s for sure.

Those who file would have to find judges who aren’t afraid to spit in the eye of the Cabal and do what’s right.

Perhaps the lawsuit would be against ESPN because they advertise this as a “National Championship Playoff” but is in fact an invitational tournament more NIT than NCAA in basketball. It cannot be a national championship because it is not sanctioned by the NCAA which is the sanctioning body for college athletics.

It is clear false advertising.
Can you imagine the cfp having to have a message that says on all of its advertisements "This cfp trophy and winner does not represent a true National College Football Champion"
Just for that reason alone litigation would be worth it.

So file the lawsuit. You’d probably win, just like McDonald’s having to warn people their coffee is really hot.

1 Like