Ucf

No that might be too simple.

Do you want the small chance at a NC if it means less quality home games, football team at a disadvantage, less revenue for the program, and giving in to the cartel?

Not a very good poll question though lol.

1 Like

Agreed

Sure looks that way. It won’t matter. All the pettiness toward the top G5 team will be insignificant if my doomsday scenario, or one similar to it, plays out

Why are you all surprised?
Why do you all keep being surprised?
Why is this a topic every year?
Why is the cartel. Every week the cfp votes represents their way to give us all non P5’s the middle finger.
Why ask why? Because we all love college football and this malarkey can’t continue.

2 Likes

That was ridiculous. Fresno State doesn’t belong in the Top 25

1 Like

From inside the CFP Committee meetings:
Hocutt: "Well that’s it. That’s your top 25"
Beamer: "Uhhh that’s only 24"
Hocutt: "Shoot we have that dinner reservation. Lawyer is telling me we need a G5 school in there to maintain this farce. Is everyone cool with USF?"
Bower: “No” (meekly)
Hocutt: “OK, since everyone is in agreement let’s go with that. You there with the dyslexia
 USF is 25. Let’s go eat.”

1 Like

I agree, but I think it’s kind of like the bowl situation (having 5-7 schools bowling due to not enough 6 win teams). How many other teams haven’t lost 3 or more games at this point? I think Fresno State is in just to fill slots.

3 Likes

Why is Fresno in? To beef up Bama’s SOS in case the committee wants to try to put them in the top 4

7 Likes

Hmmmmmm I didn’t even think of that. Good point!

This. This. A thousand times this!

Oh, yeah, they did play. “Look, nothing up my sleeve
Presto!”

https://twitter.com/MattRHinton/status/935665518043975680

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/RyanSmithWrites/status/935902176060366851

3 Likes

They also drilled SDSU who beat Stanford and I’m sure they’d like to justify having Stanford as high as they do (and above UCF which is ridic).

The whole thing is just FUBAR to the max.

And those in power pee on our legs and tell us it’s raining. It’s the American way.

I wonder if it would be worth organizing a big ‘rally’ at the CFP Championship game to support a bona fide playoff consisting of the 10 conference champs plus the 6 highest ranked as selected by a computer algorithm. They’ll see it as a protest, but (hehehehe) it will be a ‘rally’.

Litigation is the only way. Yes, I have said it a hundred times. Why? The needle will never move friends.
Again and again these cfp institutions get Federal funds from you and I but at the same time they exclude us from the cfp. That is the opposite of the American way.

Protests are a worthless waste of energy. Look at all the protests around the country the past few years. All they do is make the protesters feel good for a few hours and piss off the people that have to listen to them. The next day, everyone forgets they happened. Have to seriously threaten the $$, that’s the only way. Protests or rallys are just child’s play.

2 Likes